new SLK - beats an Astra in a bump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
:eek: read this....

SLK wins

getting so closer to wanting one!!!!!

Bumper Cars ?

...so what if one SLK hits another SLK ?

Does this mean reduced insurance premiums as nether will ever be damaged ?

PJH said:
...so what if one SLK hits another SLK ?

Does this mean reduced insurance premiums as nether will ever be damaged ?
Clash of the Titans! :)

Shude said:

That was on at the weekend - or maybe last weekend - :D

I am seriously going to have a look at a new one when they get them in at my dealership :rolleyes: I've got an SLK200(R170) today while mines in - don't like it - not enough power by any means - but the new one(R171) looks a bit better :crazy: Not sure hub's would run to a 350 just yet :(

Shude said:

Just trying to visualise one of those 'executive toy things' with mini-SLKs instead of ball bearings....

|||||
ooooo

PJH said:
Just trying to visualise one of those 'executive toy things' with mini-SLKs instead of ball bearings....

|||||
ooooo

I like that - nice one :D :D :D

@Pammy

I don't know what your current car is like to drive - but can confirm that the new 200 Kompressor feels very quick indeed. Probably not as smooth as the 320 you have now, but I doubt that anything much quicker in a car of that size would be of very much usable benefit in the UK, (unless you are planning to visit the autobahns regularly ;)) Certainly does make you wonder what the 350 and 55 versions are like though !! The interior is very nice too.

S.

sym said:
@Pammy

I don't know what your current car is like to drive - but can confirm that the new 200 Kompressor feels very quick indeed. Probably not as smooth as the 320 you have now, but I doubt that anything much quicker in a car of that size would be of very much usable benefit in the UK, (unless you are planning to visit the autobahns regularly ;)) Certainly does make you wonder what the 350 and 55 versions are like though !! The interior is very nice too.

S.

My car is gorgeous to drive - very quick - 0-62 in under 7 seconds - and I use it :bannana: :rolleyes: :eek: It is indeed very very smooth - much nicer sounding engine than the kompressor, and there is a big difference in the speed and performance of my 320 and the 200 I've borrowed - makes me glad I stuck out for the 320 :D

My dealer will be getting a new SLK in soon - not sure which model though - but I reckon it will be the 200 - and they've already asked me to go for a play ;) so I'll be there soon. The new look is growing on me - but I know me - and know it'll be the 350 that I want - not bothered about AMG, but reckon it'll be 350 or nothing - we'll see. ;)

I think you will find the SLK200 is quick enough.

The one I have will be returning back to the continent tonight but on Monday night I had an encounter with a CL55 AMG at traffic lights about to join the North Circular.

It was an all out affair lasting about 4 miles but I was never more than 4 car lengths behind him. :bannana:

Like I said to the guys at the GTG, my only concern is the longevity of the engine as it has to be driven hard to be appreciated.

Tigger said:
I think you will find the SLK200 is quick enough.

Like I said to the guys at the GTG, my only concern is the longevity of the engine as it has to be driven hard to be appreciated.

Yes - I was sorry to not to get to the gtg to have a look :( But your concerns are part of why I reckon I'd have to have the 350 - if the 200 needs to be driven hard to get the fun, then I'd prob destroy it within 6 months :( It's why I like my 320 - I don't have to drive it that hard to have fun. But as and when I want that bit more, I can get it and get even more if I drive it hard - which I don't have to do that often.

Mine gets to 100mph before I know it - the 200 today gave the impression it would get there but when it's ready - still fun getting there as a satisfying sensation of pull, plus the engine noise makes it sound like it's doing more than it really is, but just not meaty enough for me :(

Having driven the forementioned New SLK it does feel quite quick, however it does have to be pushed. Thus I think that the 350 would be a better bet as it would be just as much fun being driven gently as well as hard. So the car should last a little longer. Overall though the New SLK feels alot nicer than the the current model.

Would love to drive the '55... that must be just crazy!

Everybody doesnt give enough credit to the 4cyl Twinpulse engine.

Its superb and very fast for what it is. AS a mini Cooper Works ( yes he did just say works ) found out in the M8 when all he could see was my avantgarde grill no matter how hard he accelerated. I had to cut off before he had to admit defeat.

and .. the best bit . The twinpulse engine still can get 40mpg. Even in 193bhp C230 guise :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom