New SLK owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter T

Car
SL 350, BMW540i, Toyota Hilux, Fiesta XR2
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hello. I've recently taken delivery of my new, to me, SLK280, just in time for some good weather!! It's an 07 plate, one owner with 16,000 miles on the clock in dark blue.

This is my first Mercedes. I've had, dare I say it, BMWs and Jags for the last few years.

Welcome aboard, Peter :thumb:

How about some piccies? :)

As seen on dealers forecourt -

SLKRear.jpg

SLKFront.jpg

Only mobile phone snaps but I think you get the idea.

Hi and welcome.

My father in law has an SLK280, and very nice it is too.

Nice :thumb:

I see you already have the perspex wind deflector which makes a huge difference to top-down motoring. Do you have airscarf and heated seats too?

Nice :thumb:

I see you already have the perspex wind deflector which makes a huge difference to top-down motoring. Do you have airscarf and heated seats too?

The wind deflector is great! Even my wife, who is fussy about her hair, is happy to drive around with the top down.

It has the airscarf and heated seats plus the Command centre with CD autochanger and CD/DVD single player.

Sounds like you have the most important extras, then.

With airscarf and the heated seats on, my wife and I can comfortably drive around in her SLK at temperatures as low as 4c to 5c as long as the sun's shining and we wear warm shirts. Great for crisp December and January days :)

The wind deflector is great! Even my wife, who is fussy about her hair, is happy to drive around with the top down.

It has the airscarf and heated seats plus the Command centre with CD autochanger and CD/DVD single player.

Wind deflector is a good option. These should be standard with all convertibles. (Though to be fair MB do supply the stowable fabric one with the car).

Also has 'sensible' wheels. Much less likely to pick up kerb and pothole nicks.

Wind deflector is a good option. These should be standard with all convertibles. (Though to be fair MB do supply the stowable fabric one with the car).

Also has 'sensible' wheels. Much less likely to pick up kerb and pothole nicks.

One of the things on my wish list was "Sensible wheels". My BMW has 18" Alpina wheels and, with the state of the roads round here, they are a complete PITA!

Hello
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Welcome

Hope you have the roof down a lot with this nice weather.

Almost every time I've used the car, the roof has been off.

This is the first convertible I've ever owned and, bang on cue, the weather is brilliant...................Spooky.................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom