New SLK250 125 edition - Bit of a mix up at the dealership!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maurauth

Car
2016 BMW M4 Convertible
Thought I might as well post it here as well as on the SLK forum I've joined.

Had a bit of a mare yesterday after putting a deposit down on an SLK250 CDI, I started to have second thoughts as it didn't have the airscarf, COMAND and I just wasn't sure about having a diesel "sports car".

Luckily (I suppose), I got a phone call today saying that as the car was at a different location they unfortunately sold the car elsewhere at the same time I bought it so possession being 9/10ths of the law and all that they kept the deal at the other location.

However, they had a 125 limited edition SLK250 petrol that was available and despite being a few months older has 10,000 less miles on the clock and is absolutely fully loaded- COMAND, airscarf, clear wind deflector, bixenons, heated seats, etc, only downside is it's got cream leather whereas the one I was looking at was red nappa leather. However the Mrs managed to convince me that the cream looks nicer than the red.

Don't know how I'm able to wait another week and a half to pick it up though, think of all those sunny days there's gonna be without having the roof down :(

I managed to grab a couple of pictures at the dealership to help me make it through the next couple of weeks haha! - more coming when I take delivery and give it a proper detailing, not sure about how good MB are as I've never bought from a main dealer before.

2i03alf.jpg

Yeah, I was tempted by the "Smartgard" treatment they tried selling me but after going online it seems to be snake oil at £495 a bottle.

Although he tried to say that it was different to just the polish treatment and that it's a "silicone coating" that they put on overnight to the paintwork and the leather.

Apparently it'll keep the leather spotless even with the roof down, won't fade and is liquid-resistant for 3 years. Sounds like ******** to me, but maybe people on here have an opinion one way or the other.

I guess I'm just gonna have to treat it a bit nicer than the black leather in the C-class!

2mxjwug.jpg

Lovely looking SLK! I'm tempted to go with that interior when I order my next one (amazingly in just 2 months time!)

Black bodywork looks good too.. (I currently have tenorite grey but fancy black next time...) :)

Looks lovely and a cracking colour combo.
Definitely worth the cleaning hassle.

Wise choice picking the petrol over the diseasel IMO. I have the orient beige interior in mine, it's not too bad to look after so long as you're not a coal miner or something! :D

Console yourself with the fact that the weather's supposed to be lousy this weekend, so no roof down opportunities.

Enjoy - let's have some pics once you've picked it up..

Cheers,

Gaz

Cheers guys the colour is growing on me a bit, I think the red was maybe a bit showy haha rather than the refined cream!

I'll definitely put up a lot more pictures after giving it a bit of detailing love, debadging and maybe a few little cosmetic modifications!

On a side note anyone got any experience with modifying the exhaust on these 250s?

Lovely looking SLK! I'm tempted to go with that interior when I order my next one (amazingly in just 2 months time!)

Black bodywork looks good too.. (I currently have tenorite grey but fancy black next time...) :)

I really like that grey, definitely makes it a bit rarer than all the standard obsidian black and matte whites going around!

I really like that grey, definitely makes it a bit rarer than all the standard obsidian black and matte whites going around!
That's true, I've only seen a couple of SLK in this colour. Hmm... got to decide next week for my order to be processed and delivered in time! :dk:

That's true, I've only seen a couple of SLK in this colour. Hmm... got to decide next week for my order to be processed and delivered in time! :dk:
Canvasite Blue or Hyacinth Red. Obsidian is a complete PITA to keep looking good (says he with an Obsidian E-Class).

I have to ask, why have you got to wait another 10/11 days before picking it up?

Last secondhand/demo we bought we decided on the Wednesday and picked it up Friday morning.

Lovely looking car though......worth the wait anyway!

I originally had Wednesday as my collection date for the CDI but this one has been pushed forward to 10 days total.

Not sure if he's stalling me as he said just before I got there he had an order for 4 cars put in by the same bloke at about £100k each (not sure if he's maybe showing off and exaggerating that figure a bit), I'm guessing the guy spending £400k gets to jump the queue maybe?

I know it needs a really good detailing session and all 4 wheels are in need of a refurb and apparently as they're diamond cut it takes longer to get them done? He said he'd need a week at least to get them through the queue.

I've never dealt with an MB main dealer before so dunno if this is SOP, maybe he wants me to stew a bit to reconsider all those commision-bumping extras like minor damage insurance, wheel and tyre cover, GAP insurance and the "SmartGard Silicone Treatment".

Yeah, I'm just hoping the weather stays crap for the next week so I don't end up taking a hacksaw to the C-class's roof haha! I can't wait to get in it and play with the COMAND and all the shiny LED and bi-xenon lights!

I had create. Leather in my last car and loved it, worst thing to mark it though was my wife's blue jeans. Mine didn't but every pair she wore would leave blue staining. Always came off with a good leather cleaner.

I had create. Leather in my last car and loved it, worst thing to mark it though was my wife's blue jeans. Mine didn't but every pair she wore would leave blue staining. Always came off with a good leather cleaner.

Sorry, cream leather

Ah cheers yeah I have a feeling I might be having to spend more time keeping this one clean than the C's black leather! Tempted by the silicone coating they're trying to sell me if it really will keep the seats from being marked by that sort of thing. Might have to ask some of the pro detailers on here if it's snake oil or not!

The leather is actually quite easy to keep clean as you can easily see any marks on time to prevent stain build up. This stuff is fantastic at preventing dye transfer for clothes; L1 Leather Guard | Gtechniq.com . It's really important with any Gtechniq product to carefully follow instructions and watch the how to videos. You don't have to use all their microfibres, just decent quality ones

Cheers mate!

Just gone and pulled the trigger on the leather guard, cleaning solution and a couple of the applicator pads. Shame they haven't got tar and glue remover in stock as I need some to do the debadging, gonna have to take a trip to halfrauds now.

Cheers mate!

Just gone and pulled the trigger on the leather guard, cleaning solution and a couple of the applicator pads. Shame they haven't got tar and glue remover in stock as I need some to do the debadging, gonna have to take a trip to halfrauds now.

Are the badges easy to remove? Thought about that with mine, can't believe MB charge not to put the badge on!

Thanks

Are the badges easy to remove? Thought about that with mine, can't believe MB charge not to put the badge on!

Thanks

There are several videos on YouTube but yes, quite easy to do. Main tools required- hair dryer and dental floss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom