New Sony PStwo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll bet that shrunk PS2 will be easier for car installations than the original fat bloater PS2. :devil: ;)

california_05_big.jpg

california_06_big.jpg

california_02_big.jpg

S.

Last edited:
I am NOT buying another Playstation!! :D

<ignorant> ... so why didn't they call it the PS3 ?</ignorant>

sym said:
<ignorant> ... so why didn't they call it the PS3 ?</ignorant>

That's exactly what my daughter said!

Because the real PS3 is still under wraps (the next Sony mega-product) and you get to flog yet more PS2's at little cost.

When they downsized the PS1 it became the PSone and more were sold.

uumode said:
...however the PSX should be due sometime which is already available in Japan
From what I have read I don't think the PSX will see the light of day in the European market :mad: Bummer as they have recently revamped the PSX too, pretty much a PS2 and PVR and DVD player (though when originally announced it was going to be a burner too) all rolled into one.

S.

Steve_Perry said:
From what I have read I don't think the PSX will see the light of day in the European market :mad: Bummer as they have recently revamped the PSX too, pretty much a PS2 and PVR and DVD player (though when originally announced it was going to be a burner too) all rolled into one.

S.

From what I have read it is coming

though the UK version will be a stripped down version of the Japanese version, which isn't selling too well. It's had it's price slashed in Japan in order to try to stimulate demand.

uumode said:
From what I have read it is coming

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/4736.cfm

though the UK version will be a stripped down version of the Japanese version, which isn't selling too well. It's had it's price slashed in Japan in order to try to stimulate demand.
Umm that link is nearly a year old :confused: I really would be chuffed if the PSX made it to the UK but got the impression that the Japanese were going to keep it to themselves.

S.

Steve_Perry said:
Umm that link is nearly a year old :confused: I really would be chuffed if the PSX made it to the UK but got the impression that the Japanese were going to keep it to themselves.

S.

Yes I quoted the wrong article, but it is coming... it is coming.. it is :)
It has to be...

uumode said:
Yes I quoted the wrong article, but it is coming... it is coming.. it is :)
It has to be...
I hope so, but I won't hold my breath :p Hmm I was going to get a DVD/HDD recorder in the run up to Christmas but if the PSX is coming to the party I may rethink my plan.

S.

PSX is still awaiting some major firmware and functionality upgrades before release outside Japan (from memory). I played with the PSX in Japan earlier in the year - nice unit but people were very disappointed with the lack of promised functionality.

Steve_Perry said:
Does that have integral HDD? Anyways being a Philips with DVD+R/+RW I wouldn't want it as my laptop has a -R/-RW/-RAM drive. My beady eye was on the Panny DMR-E95 but I shall have to read up on the PSX and when/if that's likely to make a debut in the UK.

S.

no hard disk in that model, just recording onto DVDs

If there isn't a backup option on hard disk only models, it could be a bit risky trusting the hard disk, if all your material was on it. Also you can't view the material on another DVD player in another room. Combined DVD recorders + HD would be cool though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom