New Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mozzer

Car
Disco and E250 Cab
For a while now we have had problems with pigeons sitting our roof tops and cooing in the early hours waking the kids and cr4pping all over the place, cars, patios, trampolines, etc.

So I bought myself a black widow catapult from e-bay (had one when I was a kid).

Now the problem with a catapult is that if you miss, you can't be sending missiles around the village into neighbouring gardens, cars, faces, etc, so ball bearing is out.

What to use ???

So armed with a bag of cold Maltesers, out I went this morning and shot my first bird from about 8 meters away with my second shot :rock:

Before the treehuggers amongst us kick off, I didn't exert enough tension to cause real damage so it didn't die and it did't fall off its branch, it simply flew off and I hope it told its mates, that our house is now off limits for roosting and cr4pping unless you want to run the chocolate and honeycomb gauntlet.

I am now addicted to my new sport, it is extremely satisfying, I now need a work-from-home-job !

Thought I would share.

Surely they'll realise that you're firing food at them before long and you'll have the braver pigeons acting as decoys/targets whilst the rest of their pigeon friends are on the other side of the house crapping on the ground and eating Maltesers. A better idea would be Brussell Sprouts as nobody likes them.

I wonder how many more confectionery-based field sports we can think of?

Penguin shoots?

Squirrel bating with Topic bars?

Just ordered one :D

Just for the hell of it and cos I've always wanted one (actually forgot I've always wanted one until now)

No good for me I'd eat the ammunition :D

I wonder how many more confectionery-based field sports we can think of?
Kit Kat hunting
Gumi bear hunting
Flying Saucer shooting
Strawberry Flyer fishing

Not really a field sport, but Blackpool rock tossing?

This is what you want for ammo;

null_zps53a6507b.jpg

A chum of mine has same problem (ish) tree rats (squirrels) nicking the bird food they put out, in the back garden. He uses wine corks with satisfying results.

I am sorry, but I have a serious issue with this sort of behaviour....

...... your wasting good quality Maltesers :)

I am now addicted to my new sport, it is extremely satisfying, I now need a work-from-home-job !

I thought it was supposed to be Marathon that's satisfying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom