New steering wheel arriving tomorrow!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bloodmoon

Car
C270 CDI Avantgarde
I have ordered a wurzelholz + leather steering wheel for my 124 coupe, and have just been informed that it is going to arrive tomorrow :)

Are these things easy to fit? Is there anything I need to keep in mind regarding wheel alignment, indicator stalk, etc?

Thanks in advance,

--
Antony

You need to get a serious socket set and get ready for some sweating and some swearing, the wheel doesn't just fall off as I'm sure you can imagine! :)

Judging from the build quality of the 124 that I have already seen, you are probably right.

I also have to send back my original MB steering wheel - apparently that is how it works as it is an upgrade option from MB themselves.

--
Antony

Originally posted by Sp!ke
How much was the replacement wheel?

Brace yourself....

It was a touch under £300 for the wheel, and around £70 for the matching centre panel.

*gulp*

Did I really spend this much on a steering wheel???

Ordered from www.mercedesperformance.co.uk, have a look at the E Class Interior .pdf

--
Antony

Originally posted by bloodmoon
It was a touch under £300 for the wheel, and around £70 for the matching centre panel.
Yeah but the original one is BORING let's face it :)

The original one is faded and cracked, and frankly, is starting to chafe...

I personally do not possess any optical capture devices, but Shude has access to such equipment, so if I ask nicely and make him a huge cup o' tea, maybe he can take a before/after pic and post it for me.

It does look b@d a$$ however, really nice walnut to match the trim.

--
Antony

Sp!ke

Also, whilst I remember, have a look at the S Class interiors too, as I am almost certain the 126 steering wheels will fit the 124, and they do look nice after all :)

--
Antony

...sounds very nice Antony ... I fancy some Wurzelholz myself ... they appear on eBay from time to time, so being patient and avoiding the urge to buy a new one !!

Pics please when its installed !

S.

Yep those bolts are tight!
I just changed my wheel tonight. Me + my gorilla mate, a 10mm hex 1/2" drive socket and a 2 1/2 foot long bar.
(I did try the more tame approach first!)
Good luck.
Will

Gorilla? Hehe, me and Shude are more like a couple of Capuchin Monkeys :p Looks like I am in for a struggle with this then...

Will post pics as soon as I fit it, but I am meeting Ian B Walker tomorrow in Preston for a mini Lancashire GTG, so may have to wait until Wednesday.

--
Antony

bloodmoon said:
Brace yourself....

*gulp*

Did I really spend this much on a steering wheel???

Ordered from www.mercedesperformance.co.uk, have a look at the E Class Interior .pdf

--
Antony

Be warned: CKS Performance and Mercedes Performance of Watford are thieves! They are rip off merchants and con people. There is no service.

I gave them my car for a twin nozzle ss exhaust and the provided me a full system, drove my car at my expense for 60 miles and refuse to provide warranty. I have paid these muppets almost 1000£ and have a uselss exhaust system.

BE WARNED.

They already have a BAD reputation on here...!!!

What was their response/reply when you questioned them about the "60 miles" put on to your car?

What model do you have?

I don't mean to rub salt into the wounds but for £1000 you could have bought a lovely Brabus back box with warranty.

bloodmoon said:
Gorilla? Hehe, me and Shude are more like a couple of Capuchin Monkeys :p Looks like I am in for a struggle with this then...

Will post pics as soon as I fit it, but I am meeting Ian B Walker tomorrow in Preston for a mini Lancashire GTG, so may have to wait until Wednesday.

--
Antony

Errrr - the meet is in Wigan, not Preston. :crazy:

Seeya there!

Steve - this was nearly four years ago! :eek:

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom