New stuff

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by DrFeelgood, Aug 26, 2018.

1. DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood MB Club Veteran

Car:
    BMW
    Hydrosilex - Leader in Ceramic Coatings and Surface Protection

I keep seeing ads for this stuff, looks very easy to apply and some big claims made by the seller.

Anyone tried it or something similar?

Quite keen on the spray on-hose off application if I'm honest.

WOODYTHEWISE likes this.
  2. WOODYTHEWISE

WOODYTHEWISE Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E 500 Coupe.
    Just had a look on their website. I could be wrong but it sounds more like something to protect and enhance a coating already in place.
    I may give it a go.

3. m2287

m2287 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Bentley Continental GT
    I’ve used demon shine and was quite surprised with the results, not as good as a proper wax but for 30 seconds of spraying it over the car it was good!

4. Toobad

Toobad Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    GLC Sport X253
    Not clear which aspect you find more attractive, the longevity and protection of a ceramic coating or the convenience of a spray on/hose off application. The two are usually separate products. I've not encountered Hydrosilex myself but there are similar popular products readily available here in the UK. For a spray on/wipe off application of a genuine SiO2 coating with around 12 months durability I'd point you to Gyeon, a Korean manufacturer whose products always seem to punch well above their weight. Have a look at their Q2 CanCoat for £29 delivered.

Gyeon Q² CanCoat | Spray-On Wipe-Off Quartz Coating

If a spray on/hose off product is what drives your interest then have a look at CarPro HydrO2, an inexpensive dilutable concentrate of polymers which affords around 4 months of protection.

CarPro - HydrO2

Amy likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood MB Club Veteran

Car:
    BMW
    Thanks for the reply, however, it does muddy the waters somewhat by offering yet more choice. This is what turns me off a bit about car cleaning, I like the idea but always seem to buy stuff that needs loads of work and time which I don't have.

Amy likes this.
  6. Amy

Amy Member

Car:
    SLK 250 AMG
    I always have the feeling, no matter what I buy, based on doing my homework and reviews, - there will ALWAYS be something better I SHOULD have bought, and didnt know about until too late.
    Im currently using Demonshine on top of the ceramic coating I had done a month ago. Demon shine seems to last for 2-3 washes and then needs topping up with another application. Its easy to do though, not like old type waxing

Brian k likes this.