New Style A Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
Think of buying a new style A class, Any one got one and what do you think of it?
Also any recommendations?

I've read a few threads on the new A-class. All well received. I guess the car is too new and often seen as too much of a commodity item for owners to yet appear on forums.

Yes, my son has one, a 200 sport amg. I am very impressed but not as impressed as he is. He is already lining up the A45 as a replacement in two years.

Very comfortable, decent handling etc etc.
In fact, this very afternoon, I built one online for my wife to get some idea of price for when we replace her SLK. I would say it is a fair bet she will have an A250 auto with some toys when the time comes. And in Cavansite Blue, the same as her SLK.

Not much detail, but you get the gist of our opinion of them.

We got an A250 AMG design at the same time as the C63 and to be honest the A class has had less visits the the Dealer, it's a great car and very nippy in sport mode.

I don't have one, but I like the look of the "AMG" ones.... in any of its three forms.... but especially the A45.

I bought my old man one last december. He is 78 and loves it. I've driven it a few times and it is a nice enough car.

I would get one if the circumstances dictated. I am not sure if I would spend the money on an a45 though.

J.

Its down to personal choice. Id suggest looking at the opposition especially the new golf, which might be cheaper to run and possibly with a better engine choice, particularly smaller petrol ones.

A45 amg is like the R32 of the Merc world but better

Its down to personal choice. Id suggest looking at the opposition especially the new golf, which might be cheaper to run and possibly with a better engine choice, particularly smaller petrol ones.

True, especially the smaller engines :thumb:

A45 AMG 4MATIC £38,195.00 OTR list price.
Although it should be said that's not really the model that the new A class should be judged on. Its a bit like someone saying what's a W204 200CDi like and people then eulogising on about the C63. :dk:

Last edited:
About sums it up.

Quite the opposite IMHO. The previous 2 generation A-class appealed to the more mature customer - young people tend not to want a small MPV. The current A-class is styled to please younger buyers.

I have had an A45 since March. Generally it's a great car. Very fast and in C mode very relaxed when you want it. Compared to my old C Class though there are some cheap plastics low down and the carpet is much thinner than on the C. Interestingly the steering wheel has exactly the same rattle as my C. Thos are the niggles. What I like is the handling which is very very sharp, the acceleration and the noise it makes. The seats are great too. Not sure what else you want to know about the A. It's a good size and there is good room in the rear for passengers. Boot not that big though. Overall no regrets and very happy with it.

I have had an A45 since March. Generally it's a great car. Very fast and in C mode very relaxed when you want it. Compared to my old C Class though there are some cheap plastics low down and the carpet is much thinner than on the C. Interestingly the steering wheel has exactly the same rattle as my C. Thos are the niggles. What I like is the handling which is very very sharp, the acceleration and the noise it makes. The seats are great too. Not sure what else you want to know about the A. It's a good size and there is good room in the rear for passengers. Boot not that big though. Overall no regrets and very happy with it.

Nice bit of info, thanks.

I had the same feeling when I went from a CLS55 to the C63.... much better drive/noise/seats..... but the C doesn't have the quality feel that the CLS had in terms of dash/style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom