New style (C63 style) steering wheel on E63s?

• Thread starter Deleted member 154425
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 154425

Only noticed today that the E63s input a deposit down (4 months old) has the C63 style steering wheel with the two buttons for dynamic select etc.

Haven't seen this anywhere else, not even on the current configurator.

I pulled the Oasis report of this one and the another one I know the vin of (although that's a year older) and both just mention the AMG Performance Steering wheel (L6K) and Gearshift buttons / paddles (431).

Only other difference is that the older is Code 809 - which just says 'Modelyear 809' on the older year.

So confused - happy - but confused ;)

Edit: never mind. Seems to be on configurator as standard. But the codes are identical.

That wheel has been standard since 2019 (Aug 18 build on) model year. We don’t get the full range of steering wheels in the U.K, there are no options, just leather/alcantara trim. Elsewhere there is alcantara and carbon, all leather, all alcantara, and various combinations of alcantara, leather, gloss piano black, and wood. With a heated option also. They are the same across all AMG cars.

From recent production restart in May 2020 for the E class there is an all new wheel like this, the third steering wheel design in the 213 E class: 972CA4B8-0B46-42DD-B0ED-3BEAE72522BB.jpeg

Not sure the years match. A September 2019 doesn't have it and a Jan 2020 does (cars currently for sale). I mean the Jan 2020 one seem to have the third one. Weird. Not the end of the world anyway.

Are those build dates or registration dates?

Oh good point. Let me check Oasis.

Old steering wheel - left factory 04/02/2019
New C style steering wheel - left factory 26/07/2019

Just to clarify. Those are cars I have seen for sale right now. I am between the two. Whereas the older one has more specs (hud, three zone climate and high beam assist pro) - it is older, SLIGHTLY higher mileage and old style steering wheel (3k cheaper) and better colour, whereas the newer one for the new steering wheel and is newer but obviously 3k more. Likely settling for the slightly older one - I reserved both to see them in the flesh.

Only noticed today that the E63s input a deposit down (4 months old) has the C63 style steering wheel with the two buttons for dynamic select etc.

Haven't seen this anywhere else, not even on the current configurator.

I pulled the Oasis report of this one and the another one I know the vin of (although that's a year older) and both just mention the AMG Performance Steering wheel (L6K) and Gearshift buttons / paddles (431).

Only other difference is that the older is Code 809 - which just says 'Modelyear 809' on the older year.

So confused - happy - but confused ;)

Edit: never mind. Seems to be on configurator as standard. But the codes are identical.
How did you manage to get access to the Oasis report?

Asked the seller ... Should have said 'let me check the report' - not oasis itself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom