NEW TAX RULES and EV SALES

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Poignantly ... steam still rules when it comes to nuclear power stations.

These are still important to the near to medium term future of EVs.

The 2030 market manipulating ban doesn't exclude all ICE vehicles - battery electric power has not demonstrated even a manipulated prospect of near to medium term economic viability at present for larger passenger and goods vehicles apart from some edge cases.
Steam turbines will undoubtedly be around for a long time, and steam heat recovery is an established technology, just not steam engines, which I remember fondly!

Call the 2030 target what you like, it is not going away, and as the pace of technology accelerates who knows what will be around by then! maybe even an ICE running off water, let's hope so as we have an abundance of that :D

No Tax? I presume you mean road tax, that will soon follow, as they have with the zero road tax ICE and Hybrids

It could be suggested that LPG is a dead man walking because of the lack of refueling locations. Yes there a few about and yes there are a few EV charging points 'about' and yes I accept there will probably be more to come in the years leading up to 2030. What concerns me is the reports we regularly read and yes, I mean regularly read all about charging points being out of service. These things are taking days to fix and what happens when we get more EV's with even more out of service charging point? How can we be sure we will be on time for an appointment if our car needs to be recharged enroute? In over 50 yrs of motoring even when fuel was rationed, I have never, never had a problem or a delay in refuelling our vehicle.

This is my personal opinion and only my personal opinion.... At the moment the EV is for the politically correct tree-huggers that some-how believe they will save the earth by going 'green' A re-volting :) thought to some but that is my very own personal believe. Reduce the price of these vehicles, make the charge last longer, make the battery smaller lighter and MUCH cheaper and also charge easily from home addresses and I will possibly jump into this mode of transport

Steam turbines will undoubtedly be around for a long time, and steam heat recovery is an established technology, just not steam engines, which I remember fondly!

Ahhhh. I think you mean mainline steam locomotives as opposed to generic 'engines' !

As another poignant comment on that - electric traction on the railways in the UK effectively predated the uptake of diesel.

I think there's a morality issue here.

The people least able to afford EVs don't get the benefit.

Those able to afford a nice expensive EV get a disproportionate benefit.

I've thought this all along and I while I object to it as a tax payer you can't blame people for taking advantage of what's offered. In truth it applies to most green incentives like wind turbines erected by millionaire farmers. The whole EV scene is biased to much towards 2.5 tonne SUV's which is not what the green future should look like. The manufacturers are focused on big EV's because that's where the money is to be made and it helps them most with their emissions targets but they shouldn't be subsidised. Anyone who can afford £65K+ for a car doesn't need a subsidy or free fuel. Subsidies should instead be focused on a larger number of smaller "peoples cars"

It could be suggested that LPG is a dead man walking because of the lack of refueling locations. Yes there a few about and yes there are a few EV charging points 'about' and yes I accept there will probably be more to come in the years leading up to 2030. What concerns me is the reports we regularly read and yes, I mean regularly read all about charging points being out of service. These things are taking days to fix and what happens when we get more EV's with even more out of service charging point? How can we be sure we will be on time for an appointment if our car needs to be recharged enroute? In over 50 yrs of motoring even when fuel was rationed, I have never, never had a problem or a delay in refuelling our vehicle.

This is my personal opinion and only my personal opinion.... At the moment the EV is for the politically correct tree-huggers that some-how believe they will save the earth by going 'green' A re-volting :) thought to some but that is my very own personal believe. Reduce the price of these vehicles, make the charge last longer, make the battery smaller lighter and MUCH cheaper and also charge easily from home addresses and I will possibly jump into this mode of transport
I agree, there is a fair bit to go until charging is optimised, however we need to expand our horizons, electricity is available almost everywhere, courtesy of the 'Grid', so charging points can be anywhere you spend half an hour or more, shops, restaurants, cinemas and even pubs if they ever open again :D

If I was a tree-hugger I would not have bought a 400Bhp luxury motor, it was and is an indulgence! just as AMG's and S classes are.

I've thought this all along and I while I object to it as a tax payer you can't blame people for taking advantage of what's offered. In truth it applies to most green incentives like wind turbines erected by millionaire farmers. The whole EV scene is biased to much towards 2.5 tonne SUV's which is not what the green future should look like. The manufacturers are focused on big EV's because that's where the money is to be made and it helps them most with their emissions targets but they shouldn't be subsidised. Anyone who can afford £65K+ for a car doesn't need a subsidy or free fuel. Subsidies should instead be focused on a larger number of smaller "peoples cars"
Believe me, I agree, what they are learning today will hopefully find its way into a people's car soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom