New TeleAtlas DX navigation discs and New house / street

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A-AvantGarde

MB Enthusiast
Car
2015 911 Turbo S, 2019 Volvo XC90 T5 Polestar Optimised
Hi, we're just about to move into a new house (exchanged contracts today :D). How long does it take for new roads appear on new Navigation discs? When was the 2007/8 DX disc released & when is the next one due?

I know that for larger developments information is passed on in advance for inclusion in Maps / Navigation data.

It's a brand new house (1 of 12) on a new street (the new road and houses are in what was someone's back garden!) Just want to get a gauge for when our new street may appear on navigation discs?

You could always tell them yourself. :) Certainly Navtec have such a facility on their website so I would think Teleatlas have the same.

I thought the last one came out in September?

Moved into a new build house 4 years ago, still not shown on most internet maps ( google, msmaps etc.) and not on v8 of Comand APS either.

Navteq took about 2 years!

Wow!

Found trouble with a number of websites were they don't recognise the postcode yet too. It's starting to appear in some places now as they update their records. Working in IT I know the companies I've worked for have used QAS QuickAddress so I know these updates come regularly, why so long for map data?

It will take forever trust me! I live in a brandnew house and I have had nothing but trouble with my new address. No one has it and it seems to take forever for companies to add it. No map anywhere on the net has the address either. Royal mail screwed redirecting the mail so I had a tone of it going to my old house.

Other than the address issues which I blame royal mail for the house is lovely! :D

I moved into a brand new house/road in 2004 and it didn't appear on the 2005 CD but I bought the 2007/08 CD last year and its there :) Must have taken a few years. If you want me to check your road on my CD just PM me ;)

Hi, we're just about to move into a new house (exchanged contracts today :D). How long does it take for new roads appear on new Navigation discs? When was the 2007/8 DX disc released & when is the next one due?

I know that for larger developments information is passed on in advance for inclusion in Maps / Navigation data.

It's a brand new house (1 of 12) on a new street (the new road and houses are in what was someone's back garden!) Just want to get a gauge for when our new street may appear on navigation discs?

Wow...you bought a house and don't know where it is????:eek:

Wow...you bought a house and don't know where it is????:eek:

Yep :D, no thinking about friends & family - although having said that it would be nice and quite for a while when people can't find our place :bannana:

Teleatlas have a mechanism for reporting changes etc. I reported some about 3 months ago. It will be interesting to see if these changes appear on the new disks which are due sometime in June. They were due to be released on 22nd May but this got held back. I recommend anyone thinking of a new teleatlas DX disk, to wait as the content will be better and it will be cheaper than the previous packages;)

This only applies to the CD's for comand 2 and not the DVD's for Comand APS.

Wow!

Found trouble with a number of websites were they don't recognise the postcode yet too. It's starting to appear in some places now as they update their records. Working in IT I know the companies I've worked for have used QAS QuickAddress so I know these updates come regularly, why so long for map data?

If you have literally just moved in step one is make sure royal mail have actually activated your post code.

After that I found it wasn't too long before the post code recognised by company mailing systems. Of course initially it is not recognised and you certainly get a feel for who updates their systems and who doesn't.

I found online mapping was next to follow, but at a guess at least a year down the line.

Navteq, literally took about two years to register (with me reporting the chages 2 years prior) the changes on their database, but looks like it could be a third year before tehy actually get that data onto thier annually updated nav disks.

For comparison the likes of TomTom who have the potential to have updated their maps more frquently (with it not being a physical media like a DVD) were also far behind.

Guys,

It is not easy to update maps. Everything must be photographed, check, converted into digital form etc etc.
Maps from teleatlas can have up to around 150 different properties for one road...

It does take time!

Cheers
Chris

I live in a barn conversion - built in 1873 (converted 15 years ago though), and it does not show up on Tomtom, Command, Streetmap, etc......Apparently I live in a field...

I live in a barn conversion - built in 1873 (converted 15 years ago though), and it does not show up on Tomtom, Command, Streetmap, etc......Apparently I live in a field...

You must come to a meet to prove that you are not just imagination and wishful thinking only.:):)

If you have literally just moved in step one is make sure royal mail have actually activated your post code.

Yes, we've advised Royal Mail of our intended move date. Surprised they actually have a process of making postcodes 'live' as they become 'deliverable locations'. Two of our new neighbours have moved in so their houses are showing up now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom