New to Forum - Just picked up my 500 SEC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks like a nice car, now pull the cam covers and make sure the chain guides are in good shape. They should be white/cream. If they're coffee brown, it's time to replace them as they're old and brittle and will likely break and cause the chain to jump time.
I dig the BBS RA's

Love the car.

I think with any Merc of senior years, unless it has and will be garaged and driven only in the dry, at some point get the wheel arch liners out and give the arches and brake lines a good clean and appropriate protection treatments.

Very nice low mileage example for the year 1986 lovely looking car enjoy :banana::thumb:

Hi just want to share a couple of pictures of my new purchase... hope you guys like it!

500 Sec - D Reg 1986
78k miles - 3 owners
199 paint code

View attachment 103946View attachment 103945
Absolutely love it. One of my all-time favourite Mercs. Peak Bruno Sacco. I'm a fan of the body lit & wheels too. Adds an edge.

Factoid; back in the day, one of my mates worked for Trevor Horn (the record producer) and regularly got thrown the keys of one very like that. Pretty special for someone in his early 20's

Looks like a nice car, now pull the cam covers and make sure the chain guides are in good shape. They should be white/cream. If they're coffee brown, it's time to replace them as they're old and brittle and will likely break and cause the chain to jump time.
I dig the BBS RA'

Luckily the chain guides were changed not so long ago, was mostly garaged and very well looked after.
I’m still double minded about the BBS’s, want to have some original Mercedes wheels on it.

Now, that looks good. Is it really unmolested?
Yes a very well looked after example with one of the previous owners having it for nearly 18 years.... lucky to have found this after searching for so long

Welcome. Very jealous, wew had a 89 560 back in the day. Very rare the OEM AMG kit, enjoy. Check under the rear parcel shelf for any sign of rust, a common issue.

Luckily the chain guides were changed not so long ago, was mostly garaged and very well looked after.
I’m still double minded about the BBS’s, want to have some original Mercedes wheels on it.
LOVELY CAR -stick with the BBS wheels- make the car stand out -Mercedes originals were fairly unprepossessing to be honest

Lovely, lovely looking car, but on the nearside front corner, has the bumper been involved in a 'touch and go'?

The beading at the top of the screen, is it lifting?

I am looking at a gorgeous car and thank you for posting those images. :)

Lovely, lovely looking car, but on the nearside front corner, has the bumper been involved in a 'touch and go'?

The beading at the top of the screen, is it lifting?

I am looking at a gorgeous car and thank you for posting those images. :)
Great eyesight!
Yes there was a slight lift on the beading which I’ve sorted and a small mark on the corner which again is being sorted as we speak but other thank that car does not have a single mark anywhere, luckily the previous owner was very OCD like me.

Beautiful car..... I remember going from Uxbridge to Coventry in 1985, as a passenger, in one of those. We did the journey in 45 minutes. Scary but fun. And a touch illegal :oops:
I actually live near Uxbridge lol

I had a 380SEC and it had real motorway presence. Cars would move out from in front of me as did the sea for Moses.

My Honda Fireblade 954cc had the same effect - my 211 does quite have it, almost does, but not to the same extent.

Cracking car and welcome 👍

my vote goes to the AMG wheels and they’re sooooo much easier to keep clean 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom