New to MB and AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparkynw

Car
BMW X4 335d MSport,MINI Countryman SD JCW, vivaro sport, nc30, cbr600rr
Hello all been a petrol head for 25-30 years had all sorts but never a Merc, I remember lusting after a 190 Cosworth when I was a teenager but never really wanted anything else MB until the c63 emerged. Timing wasn't right for a c63 but last year I was introduced to the CLA 45AMG and on Sat I was lucky enough to be able to secure a new order for my very own bespoke version. It's going to be a long 12 weeks! Hoping to hang around here a bit if you'll have me.

Very nice. Welcome to the forum.

Gonna be a long 12 weeks for you. But 'good things' and all that.

Ant.

Welcome 12 weeks will surely feel like a year..My first Mercedes was a 190 cosworth with the 2.5 engine and not the 2.3
Although i like it it did cost me a lot of money in repair bills and at the time my wife was not so happy with me spending out on cars we could not really afford at the time.
The car was not that quick to be fair but at the time felt stable at higher speeds.
The guy that bought it had a car that had everything done to it at my cost.

Anyway you start dreaming of your new car and welcome onboard.

A good choice. I see lots of these where I live and they look and sound great. Going to be a long wait!

Welcome to the forum. Had an A45 before and loved it so sure you will enjoy your choice.

Welcome to the forum!

I've got a Silver CLA45 I got in November last year and i'm still in love!

Let us know what options you took!

Thanks for the warm welcome, I've been looking at what to get next for ages I drive a van all day for my business and the wife is usually out and about in our shared 330dmsport which is a great car but its going in November. Anyway I really want my own car again so I've talked her into a mini albeit a nice one leaving me to choose my weapon of limited use. My brother works in MB fleet sales and recomdnded the cla, I've always liked the shape but when I heard the spec on them I had to have a closer look, I've always been into beemers but I wanted a proper 4x4 with punch so did consider some audis but they just didn't stack up like the cla45 and let's face it audis are so common they're invisible these days! I started looking at used models but phoned around a bit and managed to get 11%off list at a dealer the other side of the country, I then booked a drive at my local MB center and went for a play. At first in comfort I was a little underwhelmed although loved the ride, actually softer than our 330 over bumps. We discussed options then took it back out and tried race mode! OMG it was akin to a 911 I was in a couple of years ago with more grip than seemed possible! Perfect, comfy for the family but nuts when necessary.
As its not my daily car I didn't go mad on extras, I wanted mountain grey, pan roof, heated seats, AMG exhaust (obviously)definitely red calipers and grey 19 multi spokes. I did tick a few other boxes but decided to delete them when we started number crunching as it is really a weekend toy. It took a good 2 hours hardline bartering to reach a deal of 12.2% discount but at that weary point I happily signed!
I never thought I'd be able to buy a car like this, the subtlety and wolf in sheeps stylish clothing really appeal as does the everyday use ability. The insurance is surprisingly low too. Yes really CANT wait now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom