New to MB CLS 350 Grand Edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scotyhog

Car
Mercedes Benz CLS 350 Grand Edition
Hi all,

Thanks for the add.

Really impressed with my 2010 CLS350 grand edition, this is my first MB after owning a jag xj for 4 years, I have to say this is a very exciting motor, I was looking at the XF but when I test drove the MB I was hooked, love the styling and the performance.

Looking to do some tweaks this year, led all round, DRL, refirb the alloys might even look at trying to map that flat spot out..... Who knows :thumb:

I have had it 2 months now and I still grin behind the wheel:D

Happy motoring.

Andy

Hey Andy! Welcome to the club! I got my 350 Grand last month after having a couple of CLKs over the last few years. What a beast it is! Absolutely love it!

Interested to keep up with your tweaks. So far, I've had a reversing camera & the Linguatronic stalk fitted & maps updated. I think the air con needs regassing & the steering is noisy on right lock, which needs looking at. I'm thinking about a remap to improve the smoothness, but I'm not sure which to go for yet...

Mine's Obsidian Black which is a real ball ache to keep clean!

Don't know where you're based, but there's a meet up at MB World next Sunday...

Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Adam, just outside Glasgow, have lingutronic but not reversing camera although mines is Silver with black interior and privacy glass.

Nice car..> My old dear has one.

The Grand Edition already has a BRABUS tuning box in them.... She finds the power enough. I also though Linguatronic stalk was standard on all GE's??

I stand to be corrected though.

Is it one of the rare and lucky ones to have the full AMG body kit??

You can still remap, even with the D6 fitted, apparently. Mine came without the Linguatronic stalk, for some unknown reason, but the guys at Comand Online retrofitted one.

Hello, I just picked up a 2010 Grand, it is Cromite Black which is a metallic dark blue, lovely color was exclusive to the grand.

Has the camera, leather seats and dash (lovely). Really impressed with it so far.

It is noisier than I was expecting, not sure its just the V6. Its quite as you like in the cab but a bit rattly from outside. Getting is checked soon. What do you think re the noise with yours?

Runs lovely, real pleasure. Driving home last night with the ambient lighting, heated seat and music on, great :)

You can definitely tell it's a diesel, but it's a world away from my CLK 220 CDI in terms of the sound. Can't say it's an issue for me. The tyre noise on **** surfaces is much worse. On decent ones it's silent & wafty, even at 70(ish!)

Another GE owner, I've had mine for 10 days now, absolutely love it! Welcome to the club mate, I've been on a few times and found some good info/advice on here :)

JacksonA - tell me more about the remap... I need this in my life!

Another GE owner, I've had mine for 10 days now, absolutely love it! Welcome to the club mate, I've been on a few times and found some good info/advice on here :)

JacksonA - tell me more about the remap... I need this in my life!

Haven't had it done... Yet! I'm waiting until the weather improves a bit - never a good idea to get a remap when you've just got the car - wait till you really notice the difference! When I do, I think a trip to MSL is on the cards, for a custom map, rather than a generic one. Should be good for an extra 40bhp & 80lb/ft [emoji106]

, I think a trip to MSL is on the cards, for a custom map, rather than a generic one. Should be good for an extra 40bhp & 80lb/ft

Have you spoke to them regarding the remap ? if so and those are the gains on top of the Brabus box I may be interested myself.

Or is that them removing the "box" and doing a tune on top of the standard ECU which would mean them adding 100hp to the stock setup ?

I was contemplating a "Celtic" tune for my GE but as yet I have not had the time to visit their outlet for a chat.

Kenny

Gains are on top of the D6 box. I've spoken to MSL and Celtic on the phone. I'm favouring MSL, despite the drive from Kent to Birmingham, as they'll put it on the dyno before and after, and it's a custom map. Celtic's is generic, and no dyno as they come to you.

Horses for courses, I guess.

Hi.

I have had my GE about 4 months now and I love it. Only issue i have is with the flat spot in comfort mode. Very annoying at times however ots booked in for a remap on the 28th June so hopefully fingers crossed it'll smooth it out. Ive also looked at getting Einbach springs which will lower it around 30 mm though I'm a littke worried about speedhumps and dips as its rather low to the ground allready.

I llove this car though. The aidio system is awesone and it accelerates like a rocket.

Thumbs up from me and i look forward to hearing about your GE Mercs too !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom