New to MB Club - C43 Premium+ Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMG89

Car
Mercedes C43 AMg Coupe
Hi All,
Finally set up an account after MB Club topics always came up on Google. After the year we've all had I was fortunate to sort an early Xmas present and just collected my 17 plated C43 coupe.

I am absolutely ver the moon with it, been looking all year at various amg models from E53 to C63S and with this being a daily the C43 ticked all the boxes and was just a patient waiting game for colour and spec to become available.

I have to say I am not disappointed, the drive is incredible how you can have the luxury in comfort mode or flip the switch to sport + and the car just changes to a track car with an addictive exhaust note.

Looking forward to speaking with you all and posting about any upgrades i have lined up.

Many thanks,

Josh

Attachments

• 20201220_175528.jpg
    20201220_175528.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • 20201220_175514.jpg
    20201220_175514.jpg
    990.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20201220_180446.jpg
    20201220_180446.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 20201220_180327.jpg
    20201220_180327.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • 20201220_180426.jpg
    20201220_180426.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Nice C43 mate. I love the pop these make on a upshift in Sport+ with full throttle 😁

Nice C43 mate. I love the pop these make on a upshift in Sport+ with full throttle 😁
Thank you. Yes is highly addictive and the firm punch in the back on the upshifts to compliment it

Hi All,
Finally set up an account after MB Club topics always came up on Google. After the year we've all had I was fortunate to sort an early Xmas present and just collected my 17 plated C43 coupe.

I am absolutely ver the moon with it, been looking all year at various amg models from E53 to C63S and with this being a daily the C43 ticked all the boxes and was just a patient waiting game for colour and spec to become available.

I have to say I am not disappointed, the drive is incredible how you can have the luxury in comfort mode or flip the switch to sport + and the car just changes to a track car with an addictive exhaust note.

Looking forward to speaking with you all and posting about any upgrades i have lined up.

Many thanks,

Josh
Hi Josh. Welcome. Just joined the forum as well. I briefly ran a C43 Coupe; nice choice by you and a good package overall. David

Hi Josh. Welcome. Just joined the forum as well. I briefly ran a C43 Coupe; nice choice by you and a good package overall. David
Hi David, thanks for the positive message. I was so close to getting the C63S but thought one step at a time. Yeah I am happy with the options on this C43 only think it doesn't have is the HUD and pilot assist, not that either of those matter when in Sport+. Any pictures of your current motor?

I've some pic's of the C43 and the Mercedes cars that came before and after it, but my current daily is a BMW M850i Cab (be gentle with me) so I'm sure that shouldn't appear on the forum. Looking to add a Mercedes again though.

My time with the C43 was short. I ordered it new with every option but the apprentice at the MB dealer pranged it on the day of delivery when I was on the way to pick it up, Christmas Eve 2017. I didn't think going ape was particularly classy (s*** happens), nor getting some kid fired, so I agreed to take the car and give the dealer one chance to fix the bumper damage after Christmas. The car came back after the paint job and initially looked ok but then the paint suffered lacquer drop and needed doing again straight away. The dealer wanted another shot at a back end repaint but I drew the line at that. The C43 went back with all my money returned (they lent me an S500 and sold the C in a couple of weeks) and as there wasn't another C43 in the system I bought a fully optioned C63S from them that was in stock. I'd been playing with down sizing on the C43 (not something I did again) so the C63S wasn't a big deal for me as I was running a GLE 63S as well at the time. Long story, sorry. I like the C43, you've made a good choice. C63S and the C43 are very different animals, though.

PS - To avoid their embarrassment I'll withhold the name of the MB dealer concerned :)

I've some pic's of the C43 and the Mercedes cars that came before and after it, but my current daily is a BMW M850i Cab (be gentle with me) so I'm sure that shouldn't appear on the forum. Looking to add a Mercedes again though.

My time with the C43 was short. I ordered it new with every option but the apprentice at the MB dealer pranged it on the day of delivery when I was on the way to pick it up, Christmas Eve 2017. I didn't think going ape was particularly classy (s*** happens), nor getting some kid fired, so I agreed to take the car and give the dealer one chance to fix the bumper damage after Christmas. The car came back after the paint job and initially looked ok but then the paint suffered lacquer drop and needed doing again straight away. The dealer wanted another shot at a back end repaint but I drew the line at that. The C43 went back with all my money returned (they lent me an S500 and sold the C in a couple of weeks) and as there wasn't another C43 in the system I bought a fully optioned C63S from them that was in stock. I'd been playing with down sizing on the C43 (not something I did again) so the C63S wasn't a big deal for me as I was running a GLE 63S as well at the time. Long story, sorry. I like the C43, you've made a good choice. C63S and the C43 are very different animals, though.

PS - To avoid their embarrassment I'll withhold the name of the MB dealer concerned :)

No hate, lovely car. Wow that's a frustration and like you said gave them that chance to rectify. The S500 must of been a joy, I was tempted by these also.

Sounds like a good collection of different cars and they all offer a different experience. How was the GLE63S? I am looking to get one of these next year for the sensible family car ... (sales pitch tactic to the wife).

Hi All,

Many thanks,

Josh
Nice colour combo and also the red stitching looks nice. I was tempted by the 43 as an everyday car but went for the 63 purely because it has slightly more “presence” on the road. In reality your 43 is a wise mans choice 😁👍🏻.

No hate, lovely car. Wow that's a frustration and like you said gave them that chance to rectify. The S500 must of been a joy, I was tempted by these also.

Sounds like a good collection of different cars and they all offer a different experience. How was the GLE63S? I am looking to get one of these next year for the sensible family car ... (sales pitch tactic to the wife).
Hi. I like the GLE63S a lot. We ran two, one for 30k+ miles, the other around 16k+ miles. Both of these were my wife's cars. The early car was a 16 plate, bought new, all options and was a little bit glitchy (all under warranty). A couple of minor oil leaks, 6 front end camera vision systems (I know, count them, they're about £600-£700 a throw, until the factory told the dealer to change part of the loom) and minor trim rattles etc. The second car was a 68 plate, also new. Both identical in every single respect except the first was Palladium, the second Selenite with Night Pack. Chalk and Cheese. The second car was more composed, more settled on the road, slightly noisier (if possible) from the exhaust, so in a good way, subjectively faster, and no trim rattles or issues at all. Not a mileage thing either and neither car was thrashed. If someone told you the second car was some kind of update you'd have believed it. The first car was in no way inherently bad, notwithstanding the warranty stuff but the second car was inherently much better. Both always felt very safe and secure. If you go for one, drive more than one to see how it is and whether it's led a hard life.

Mercedes don't sell many so sometimes they can be tough to move on, with sharp initial depreciation. Still, you pay your money and take your choice.

For both cars they would be heavy on brakes and tyres if you're lead footed. (I dropped both to a factory AMG 20" wheel/tyre set in winter from the 21"), If you use a combination of journey's you're looking at sub-20 on mpg, but good on a steady run. Tech is now MB old school as well (if that's important). On the plus side such a big likeable thing, massive performance, all the time, anytime. Even at legal speeds you can cover ground quickly but old school for cornering. If you want, it'll play the pussycat SUV but you're always aware it's there. We've run a couple of GLS's as well, plus an ML550 AMG (just before it went to GLE) in the States. That uses the 4.7 V8 from the SL500 and it's a lovely sweet spot in the range, but not available here. I think Merc miss a trick with that when BMW have the X5 M50i 4.4 V8 in the UK.

Hope that helps. Anything else, let me know. All the best, David.

Nice colour combo and also the red stitching looks nice. I was tempted by the 43 as an everyday car but went for the 63 purely because it has slightly more “presence” on the road. In reality your 43 is a wise mans choice 😁👍🏻.
Thank you. Yes the red stitching does set of the leather. Ah time will tell whether I can settle for the C43 or whether I end up swapping to C63S.
You are right they definitely have more presence, the wider arches are amazing 👏

Hi. I like the GLE63S a lot. We ran two, one for 30k+ miles, the other around 16k+ miles. Both of these were my wife's cars. The early car was a 16 plate, bought new, all options and was a little bit glitchy (all under warranty). A couple of minor oil leaks, 6 front end camera vision systems (I know, count them, they're about £600-£700 a throw, until the factory told the dealer to change part of the loom) and minor trim rattles etc. The second car was a 68 plate, also new. Both identical in every single respect except the first was Palladium, the second Selenite with Night Pack. Chalk and Cheese. The second car was more composed, more settled on the road, slightly noisier (if possible) from the exhaust, so in a good way, subjectively faster, and no trim rattles or issues at all. Not a mileage thing either and neither car was thrashed. If someone told you the second car was some kind of update you'd have believed it. The first car was in no way inherently bad, notwithstanding the warranty stuff but the second car was inherently much better. Both always felt very safe and secure. If you go for one, drive more than one to see how it is and whether it's led a hard life.

Mercedes don't sell many so sometimes they can be tough to move on, with sharp initial depreciation. Still, you pay your money and take your choice.

For both cars they would be heavy on brakes and tyres if you're lead footed. (I dropped both to a factory AMG 20" wheel/tyre set in winter from the 21"), If you use a combination of journey's you're looking at sub-20 on mpg, but good on a steady run. Tech is now MB old school as well (if that's important). On the plus side such a big likeable thing, massive performance, all the time, anytime. Even at legal speeds you can cover ground quickly but old school for cornering. If you want, it'll play the pussycat SUV but you're always aware it's there. We've run a couple of GLS's as well, plus an ML550 AMG (just before it went to GLE) in the States. That uses the 4.7 V8 from the SL500 and it's a lovely sweet spot in the range, but not available here. I think Merc miss a trick with that when BMW have the X5 M50i 4.4 V8 in the UK.

Hope that helps. Anything else, let me know. All the best, David.
Hi David, thats very helpful thank you. Is definitely grest hearing from someone who has had a few as you say their arent many about fmso always hard to find. Sub 20s is a given, my C43 sits at 14mpg at the moment in 400miles.

Hi David, thats very helpful thank you. Is definitely grest hearing from someone who has had a few as you say their arent many about fmso always hard to find. Sub 20s is a given, my C43 sits at 14mpg at the moment in 400mile

I really hope that 14mpg was 'flat out giving it big licks' for the whole 400 miles otherwise you've got a fuel leak :) I managed 31mpg in my C63S on a motorway trip and average roughly 21-25mpg in normal combined driving - maybe i've got a light right foot......

I really hope that 14mpg was 'flat out giving it big licks' for the whole 400 miles otherwise you've got a fuel leak :) I managed 31mpg in my C63S on a motorway trip and average roughly 21-25mpg in normal combined driving - maybe i've got a light right foot......
I rarely journey further than 6 miles then back so that was flat out everywhere. I have done 1 journey what was a 160 miles round trip and averaged 34mpg. I am sure once I reign it in I'll be low 20s what I am happy with. Low to mid 20s in a C63S? Must be happy with that ..

I rarely journey further than 6 miles then back so that was flat out everywhere. I have done 1 journey what was a 160 miles round trip and averaged 34mpg. I am sure once I reign it in I'll be low 20s what I am happy with. Low to mid 20s in a C63S? Must be happy with that ..
I'm happy with those figures yes (still better than my old C36, which did 21mpg max) but since buying this car i've altered my attitude to fuelling - I just put petrol in when required paying no attention to the mpg nor how much it costs :) No point I think, I bought the car to enjoy it so may as well not worry about costs!

I average the same in a C63 unless its heavy traffic

I'm happy with those figures yes (still better than my old C36, which did 21mpg max) but since buying this car i've altered my attitude to fuelling - I just put petrol in when required paying no attention to the mpg nor how much it costs :) No point I think, I bought the car to enjoy it so may as well not worry about costs!
This is true, Smiles per Gallon. Is a joy to just drive the car how it was built to be driven. Tyre costs is a whole different topic ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom