New to MBClub, first Merc arriving 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr1nch

Car
2017 W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus : Iridium Silver and Black Nappa
Hi,

As I've been lurking on here a few weeks now and picking up wisdom, experience and getting entertained , I'd realised tonight I'd not introduced myself yet. So here goes...

The thing is I've never owned a Mercedes before, I don't have one now, but.....I put a hefty deposit down on a new MB, factory order. I'm guessing I'm not the only newbie on here to have been in this situation - so I hope the intro is in order, rather than lurk silently (not my thing!) or start asking questions and show appreciation, whilst not introduced. About me and the car...

Normally I get second-hand cars and have only ever had one new car (Ford Sapphire 1.8L - which is a dead give-away that I'm not a youngster ). However on my second visit to an MB main dealer in September, the wife who is totally uninterested in cars, when I suggest she has a walk around the showroom whilst I'm talking to the salesman about an E220d, points out to me after, the car she thinks we should get instead. Not a sensible B-class, like I half-expected her to, but a gunmetal matt grey* sleek looking rocket, heading out for customer delivery - an AMG GT! I couldn't believe my ears or my luck, all at the same time

She also insisted on "new" for a change as a now-or-never, splash out purchase - and who was I to disagree with her on that [emoji106].

Well, i ended up not ordering the AMG GT for various reasons (that will make this story even longer than it is already ) but close in the value department and higher in the luxury one, a W222 S350D with some sweet options. It's on factory order as I mentioned, say the dealer on 1st March 2017. I have no real pics obviously, but the MB online configurator models the spec very nicely via their automated visualiser - and it produced this beauty.

7beea6c778155cce6f2ef27fe0d5c3ec.jpg

baeb8cff304ca81fe6965bd525db29a8.jpg

I've got to admit being chuffed to bits. Saving over many years, pushing the boat out big time does feel good tbh. I've been driving Saab's for the past 15 years and I've loved them to bits (9-5 2.3 LPT estate and a 9-3 1.9 TiD convertible), but this is a whole new ball game. Now I just have to find a house or flat to suit! lol . I promise to post real pics when I pick it up. Seriously can't wait and I'm thinking about it a lot and researching on everything from trackers, insurance, useful mechanise, factory collection in Germany, how to avoid getting carjacked, robbed, etc, paint and leather protection, how I'm going to squeeze it through the courtyard entrance where I'm staying, W222 owner experiences, etc. Yes, to put it mildly, I'm unbelievably excited to get my hands on one of the world best driving experiences.

Thrilled to be here. Sorry for the long post and thanks for getting to the end !

Kiat

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Oops, just seen there is a New Member Introductions forum. Will try to move the post over there - if impossible would a moderator kindly do it for me?

Welcome. I'm sure you can't wait for your new car.
The experience is priceless.

Oops, just seen there is a New Member Introductions forum. Will try to move the post over there - if impossible would a moderator kindly do it for me?

Nice car. Thanks for asking and welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom