New To MBClub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zimguy

Car
E220 CDi W210 Avantgarde Saloon 3 Years, BMW X5 3.0d E53 6 Months FAIL, E220 CDi W211 Classic Saloon
Hello All

I have just joined this club and look forward to the mountain of advise you have to offer.

After a Summer of complete emotion and expense i have returned to the Mercedes world.

In April i bought a BMW X5 3.0d with the expectation of high riding and brute force i was left with an empty pocket and the ever increasing respect for the build quality and reliability offered by Mercedes. With a very limited budget i bought myself a 2005 E220 CDi Classic which does not offer all the happy mod cons of my previous E220 Avantgarde, however it did come with some that my Avantgarde did not have like parking assist, full black leather and The NTG-1 Command system, which is very nice.

I guess i am hoping for some advise as to retro fitting equipment. My classic does not seem to come with Heated wing mirrors, Dimming rearview mirroes light up vanity mirrors, hands free phone kit or any phone kit, and i would like DAB in the future.

I look forward to All the advise you may be able to assist with and maybe just a little banter.

Cheers

Welcome.

Mercs are much better built than BMWs, theres no doubt about that in my experience. I'm not saying that Mercs are necessarily more reliable, but are definitely better built.

Thanks all,

Welcome to the forum Zimguy.
My thoughts are Mercedes are over engineered along with most other cars.

If i look at my tyres and they need air i add air i don't need a computer to tell me this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom