New (to me) C63 W04 Coupe. Map?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^ Borrow a charger if necessary but you could give yourself problems if your battery gives up during the upload.

Any updates on this Seight? Planning on getting one of these aswell but would like to hear from you to see how it feels/difference from standard etc.

Sorry, away for the weekend in the car!

Yup, installed it on Friday, no issues whatsoever, really straightforward.

Awesome result. Was worried it might be too aggressive with too many bangs and pops. But, exhaust is more aggressive without being too loud, throttle response is so much better. Even in C it is very much more responsive, and in S or S+ at full power it is incredible. Way faster. Love the fact I can go back and forth between standard and tuned for warranty, services etc.

I was also concerned about some of the reports I'd read with people having issues with gear selections, hunting revs etc but Jerry was adamant that V6 is the best map - and V5 is no longer available to customers anyway.

The process is very straightforward you follow step by step instructions and I had no problems. It took about 10 mins to install software on my computer and update the handset. Then 5 minutes to copy the standard map off the car. I emailed Jerry in the evening and got the V6 map back early the next morning. Then 5 mins to copy onto handset and another 5 or 6 mins to upload to the car. I didn't use a charger and the only heavy battery use is when the cooling fan comes on full blast for about a minute during one stage. No problems if your battery is in good nick.

I was worried about potential issues at every stage but it was really easy and everything went smoothly. As I said, result is superb.

Definitely worth it. Go for it.

Cheers Seight, good to hear the encouraging feedback.
It's interesting to hear the thoughts of someone with a standard car, I'm really interested to know how different the map would truly make a PPP car.
A map will always have a small placebo affect, no matter how much we try and kid ourselves, I know I've been there many a time :) - but as the PPP's are rumoured to make somewhere between 480 and 500 which seems to vary car to car, I'm sceptical as to whether another 10-20bhp would really be all that noticeable in a car that to me is already pretty mad power wise given it only has the rears to put the power down - I'd be wanting AWD with much more than it already has - where a four wheel drive usually hooks up, and having had AWD in 90% of my cars for the last 10 years, in the C63 I occasionally forget and end up having a silly moment doing a rolling burnout out of a layby hahaha.

Does the map alter the gear changes significantly too, and if so, what's the biggest change you noticed? One of the only complaints I've had is that sometimes you want the car to shift up and it won't respond first time around - seems it's pretty common, didn't know if Eurocharge had done anything which addresses that.

Last edited:
I know that tuning, remaps etc make a huge difference in turbocharged cars but have always been aware of their relatively insignificant affect on most n/a cars.
The only reason I went for it is it is common knowledge that the C has had the engine detuned compared to an E or an S. I knew it would therefore release the extra power. You can definitely feel 50bhp. In the PP, whether you can feel 10bhp on a 1750kg road car is debatable.
However, it has also certainly livened up the car throughout the rev range - even in C mode. It is a very noticeable difference in throttle response.
In terms of gear changes the shifts in C are quicker and downshifts come with less throttle application and the engine blips/revs on downshifts in S and S+ are more aggressive. Having come directly from a mapped A45 the blips are similar to how they are in that car. (But I MUCH prefer the C63 to the A45.)

Hope that helps. Cheers.

In the PP, whether you can feel 10bhp on a 1750kg road car is debatable.

A member (Palmball) found that his PPP was already putting out more than claimed (506 BHP springs to mind) and when he had a Brabus remap installed it didn't actually increase the power output by any more than 1 or 2 BHP which could be the difference between two runs on the same map.

I recall he reported that it felt quicker, but there was no more power, and so had the remap removed and refunded.

Worth looking back at Palmball's threads. Always informative and entertaining.

More to do with the torque increase and what the actual power curve looks like on the dyno printout. You can get a cheap map that will give you "headline" figures but a properly set up and mapped correctly car will always be better to drive and quicker....

What's the difference between V5 and V6?
Assuming if you have a V5 already, you still need to pay to upgrade to V6?

Sorry, away for the weekend in the car!

Yup, installed it on Friday, no issues whatsoever, really straightforward.

Awesome result. Was worried it might be too aggressive with too many bangs and pops. But, exhaust is more aggressive without being too loud, throttle response is so much better. Even in C it is very much more responsive, and in S or S+ at full power it is incredible. Way faster. Love the fact I can go back and forth between standard and tuned for warranty, services etc.

I was also concerned about some of the reports I'd read with people having issues with gear selections, hunting revs etc but Jerry was adamant that V6 is the best map - and V5 is no longer available to customers anyway.

The process is very straightforward you follow step by step instructions and I had no problems. It took about 10 mins to install software on my computer and update the handset. Then 5 minutes to copy the standard map off the car. I emailed Jerry in the evening and got the V6 map back early the next morning. Then 5 mins to copy onto handset and another 5 or 6 mins to upload to the car. I didn't use a charger and the only heavy battery use is when the cooling fan comes on full blast for about a minute during one stage. No problems if your battery is in good nick.

I was worried about potential issues at every stage but it was really easy and everything went smoothly. As I said, result is superb.

Definitely worth it. Go for it.

Sounds excellent, how did purchasing work, I don't have Facebook sadly so can't see the details.

kind regards
Dan

Not for the V6 map. They were charging something like $125 for the update.

Ordered on a Friday, arrived on Weds. £34 import charges. Good luck.

A member (Palmball) found that his PPP was already putting out more than claimed (506 BHP springs to mind) and when he had a Brabus remap installed it didn't actually increase the power output by any more than 1 or 2 BHP which could be the difference between two runs on the same map.

I recall he reported that it felt quicker, but there was no more power, and so had the remap removed and refunded.

Worth looking back at Palmball's threads. Always informative and entertaining.

Found out mine had the X pipe mod and secondary cats removed; made 520 with the standard PPP map no other mods that I or previous owner was aware of, well impressed.

I also got the V6 map today...do not have time to do it today but will get around it tomorrow.
Once mapped how do i revert it to stock?
Can the hanedheald store 2 maps?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom