New (to me) C63 W04 Coupe. Map?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seight

Car
C63 Coupe W204
Morning all. I bought my 2012 Coupe three weeks ago and am loving it - apart from the fuel consumption!

I've had various fast road and race cars over the years - on a budget - and most recently had a 964 coupe for 8 years that I loved, then an SLK55 AMG R171 for 5 years that was awesome fun.

But I really wanted more than two seats again so in December last year I was tempted into an A45 AMG and bought a 2013 car as an approved used from MB with warranty etc. I had 'box' added by Litchfield which created a monster. Devastatingly fast and capable but firstly it made me drive like a loony as it wants to be caned at all times (like having a little devil on both shoulders) and secondly I missed the instant torque and noise of a big V8.

So, back to MB last month and traded in for the C63 coupe - also used approved with warranty etc...

It is a standard 457bhp car and I was wondering from those who have mapped your C63 what the real world difference is like. I have looked through various threads but would like to get some fresh views from owners who have done this. If it is only a gain at the top end then I'm not really interested, but if it improves the drive and the power delivery everywhere then I am. Also, how easy is it to hide this from MB for servicing and/or any warranty work?

thanks in advance.
A

Attachments

• 20170330_163826.jpg
    20170330_163826.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 61
Welcome and get yourself unto the C63 AMG UK facebook group. There is a pinned post with deal for Eurocharged Handheld n map.

Map it and you will never look back at standard power again. Day and night difference!

Remap makes a very noticeable difference to the day to day drivability of the car.
If you have ever driven a car with different driving modes, standard car feels like eco mode whereas remapped car feels like normal or sport mode.

VERY Noticeable difference from the moment you start the engine.

1. More of a bark when starting the car up from cold.
2. Very noticeable increase in low and mid range torque, feels more linear.
3. More top end power, very noticeable.
4. More of a rasp when dropping down a gear, nice instant bark.

Very worthwhile.

Also, how easy is it to hide this from MB for servicing and/or any warranty work?

This is something i've been wondering too. Wouldn't want to waste the 2 year warranty for the sake of some software.

get yourself unto the C63 AMG UK facebook group. There is a pinned post with deal for Eurocharged Handheld n map.

Can you post a link?
I had a search for it but couldn't find the page.

I found the facebook page, joined and have already exchanged emails with Jerry at Eurocharged. Will be ordering my handheld and V6 software today :)

Thanks all. I'll let you know what I think when I've mapped it.

I bought my C63 from dealer with it already being mapped and exhaust mods with 2 years warranty and they have no issue with it being mapped etc. Sound your dealer out. My aftermarket exhaust was knocking and they refitted/realigned it no charge....

Just out of interest what's the offer price? (I don't have facebook) I had a dyno + map booked at Watford before it closed so need to re-book with the guys in Birmingham.

Just out of interest what's the offer price? (I don't have facebook) I had a dyno + map booked at Watford before it closed so need to re-book with the guys in Birmingham.

£600 I think.

Anyone know how different the Eurocharged map would be compared to the PPP map I have on mine? Doesn't feel like it needs more power tbh, I've yet to drive it and think this feels slow" :D

night and day, well worth it! noticeable gains throughout the rev range, downshift and blips sounds fab and on wot but sounds barely noticeable on comfort. best bang for buck mod. would highly recommend and also secondary decat and reso delete. i've had mine for almost two years and had it done as soon as i picked up the car.

£600 I think.

Anyone know how different the Eurocharged map would be compared to the PPP map I have on mine? Doesn't feel like it needs more power tbh, I've yet to drive it and think this feels slow" :D

I would guess £600 is just for the tune though? Pretty sure handheld unit itself is around £500?

£550 for map and handheld - including postage... not bad at all!

I bought my C63 from dealer with it already being mapped and exhaust mods with 2 years warranty and they have no issue with it being mapped etc. Sound your dealer out. My aftermarket exhaust was knocking and they refitted/realigned it no charge....

Interested to know what dealer this is, i spoke to Brentford MB and Brooklands regarding any software tuning and both mentioned the warranty would be void specifically for engine/gearbox.

Obviously any other parts which would not be affected shouldn't be a problem but seeing as engine/gearbox are a major component and partially one of the bigger reasons to retain the warranty and peace of mind. Its one of the big reasons i am put off by the idea.

You can flash your stock map back onto the car with the handheld and there will be no trace of the tune.
Maybe the dealer was not a MB dealership?

You can flash your stock map back onto the car with the handheld and there will be no trace of the tune.
Maybe the dealer was not a MB dealership?

They can always trace back by looking at the flash counters on the ECU, This is the concern upon inspection they may not have an issue or anything to go by. If the car however did go in for something a bit more serious I'm sure there is protocol to carry out further checks to see if the ECU has been overwritten etc.

Just worth bearing in mind if you want to retain your manufacturers warranty, Always pros/cons to these things, Some people never encounter these issues when things go wrong but there is always that small get out card for the manufacturer if they decide to investigate further.

I have experienced this with BMW & VW cars in the past, If something serious goes and it has on our Golf GTI, When the gearbox was being replaced under warranty the dealer wanted all service records from the franchised main dealer and took there time investigating whether there were any modifications carried out to the engine/gearbox specifically. The claim took quite a while for them to approve.

They can always trace back by looking at the flash counters on the ECU, This is the concern upon inspection they may not have an issue or anything to go by. If the car however did go in for something a bit more serious I'm sure there is protocol to carry out further checks to see if the ECU has been overwritten etc.

Just worth bearing in mind if you want to retain your manufacturers warranty, Always pros/cons to these things, Some people never encounter these issues when things go wrong but there is always that small get out card for the manufacturer if they decide to investigate further.

I have experienced this with BMW & VW cars in the past, If something serious goes and it has on our Golf GTI, When the gearbox was being replaced under warranty the dealer wanted all service records from the franchised main dealer and took there time investigating whether there were any modifications carried out to the engine/gearbox specifically. The claim took quite a while for them to approve.

Sorry, loose choice of words. You are correct they can see the car has been flashed if they need to dig in to it but you can return it to stock which I guess more times than not is enough for them.

Where do you get the handhelds from eurocharged or msl

Adamfeely said:
Where do you get the handhelds from eurocharged or msl
From Eurocharged USA direct via deal on facebook group C63 AMG UK.

OK, I received the handheld device yesterday, did all the software stuff, downloaded my standard tune from the car, sent it off to EC and have just received the new V6 tune file which I've now uploaded to the handheld. So all I need to do now is connect to the car to upload the V6 tune via the OBDII port....

My question is do I need to connect a battery charger? I don't have one and it clearly says in the instructions to do so. Have any of you guys done this without connecting a charger? How much battery power does it use??

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom