New to me GLE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkAT

Car
c250
Hi all,

I picked my '16 GLE 350d on Friday and enjoying it a lot! I came from a '15 C Class, so it's a very different beast, but a lot of the controls are quite familiar.

3.0 V6, 350d, Prem Plus, Night Edition with 21" rims.

IMG_15873-medium.jpg

A couple of teathing issues:
Only two matching tyres - not a major issue, but I prefer to have a full set of quality tyres.
One of the parking sensors seems very sensitive. The surface of it appears damaged and bubly.
The auto-windscreen wiper speed seems to be either normal or flat out - any ideas?

I've worked out what most of the buttons do, but there's one that eludes me still. Any idea what this one is?:

Button.jpg

Hi all,

I picked my '16 GLE 350d on Friday and enjoying it a lot! I came from a '15 C Class, so it's a very different beast, but a lot of the controls are quite familiar.

3.0 V6, 350d, Prem Plus, Night Edition with 21" rims.

View attachment 122589

A couple of teathing issues:
Only two matching tyres - not a major issue, but I prefer to have a full set of quality tyres.
One of the parking sensors seems very sensitive. The surface of it appears damaged and bubly.
The auto-windscreen wiper speed seems to be either normal or flat out - any ideas?

I've worked out what most of the buttons do, but there's one that eludes me still. Any idea what this one is?:

View attachment 122588
From memory on the 63’s I ran it brings up the car status in the central display. Hope that’s right. Nice car.

Nice that pal my wiper does the same every now and then. Turn it off, wait 5 seconds put it back on and it's fine. I'm like you regarding tyres Premium all around and matching. I've kept it oe and mine was new to me also. 2015 ML250 AMG Premium Plus, wife likes the auto Park and I like how it protects the alloys...

From memory on the 63’s I ran it brings up the car status in the central display. Hope that’s right. Nice car.
That's what I thought initially from the useless guide in this repect, but looking more closely, it's a different image on the button - a shock absorber. The guide just says "see the separate operating instructions" o_O

Nice that pal my wiper does the same every now and then. Turn it off, wait 5 seconds put it back on and it's fine. I'm like you regarding tyres Premium all around and matching. I've kept it oe and mine was new to me also. 2015 ML250 AMG Premium Plus, wife likes the auto Park and I like how it protects the alloys...
I'll give that a go, thanks.

Parking: I've not used it on this one yet, but my C250d had it and it was very effective .. when it picked up the parking slot 😊

I thought tyres for the C250d were pricey, being run flats, but the GLE will be quite a bit more. At least its 4 wheel drive so the load (cost) is spread 🤣

Button sorted. With the ignition on, it shows you waht the suspension setting are, but you can't change them .. unless you have an AMG model.

20220110-084938.jpg

Button sorted. With the ignition on, it shows you waht the suspension setting are, but you can't change them .. unless you have an AMG model.

20220110-084938.jpg
👍

The GLE is still running nicely. Not long after I first got it, I noticed a knocking in all gears around 2500 rpm. This was cured with a gearbox service and transfer box oil change.

Some changes made:
The grille got changed - I actually bought it before collecting the car.
New battery - intermitent wipers, auto start/stop (yawn) and parking sensor were misbehaving and this fixed them.
MWMods OBD module bought to control the suspension more. I have it low much of the time, mostly because it. looks better (to me), but it makes it easier for the family to get in and out :)
Another MWMods module used to turn off the auto start/stop and to turn off the rear seat belt nag.
New rear tyres (gulp). Fronts will need doing soon - especially as they're mis-matched (why do people do that?!).
ECU update after it went into a limp mode for no apparent reason .. on Maundy Thursday before a 250 mile journey on Easter Monday! Seems to feel more sprightly.

I'm considering doing some unnecessary things: Slightly tinting the front windows, hubcentric spacers behind the wheels, black running boards (the current ones look quite shabby).

I have an annoying squeak that I think is the passenger side wing mirror, so I'll have to look at taking that appart. I need to change the puddle lights on the mirrors as the image is distorted now, I may do them while I'm taking the passenger one appart.

DSC00225-02.jpeg

DSC00241.JPG

DSC00235-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom