New to me pre facelift C63S Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

riano

Car
AMG GTR
So last week I part exchanged my GTR against a preface lift c63s coupe. I loved my GTR but found it just too hard and impractical as my only car so decided a c63 was the best compromise of something that was useable but also sounded fun. It has every option ticked including HUD and 360 camera and think the only option it didn't have ticked was the ceramics. I absolutely love the colour.

I was a bit shocked that it sounds so loud from the outside compared to inside the cabin so have ordered a RENNtech EVM for it and am debating getting either the new aero pack rear spoiler or the original edition 1 spoiler as well as the aero pack front splitter. Things that have taken the most getting used to apart from the relative lack of sound in the cabin is the higher seating position and the steering which feels a little odd compared to the GTR.

Have already had it on roads that I wouldn't have dared taking the GTR on and everyone who's been in it has commented how comfortable it is in comparison :D

IMG_1134.JPGIMG_1131.JPGIMG_1135.JPGIMG_1144.JPGIMG_1197.JPGIMG_1200.JPGIMG_1234.JPGIMG_1246.JPGIMG_1250.JPGIMG_1264.JPG

Did you get it from Mercedes Belfast?

Beautiful car , good health to enjoy : are you keeping original reg or going personal, must keep an eye out in case I see you about will give you a toot.

Maybe we should start an N.I members thread :)

Thanks for all the positive comments. I found out what the issue was with the 'odd' steering - it was because steering assist and lane keep assist were on, both now off and steering feels great. Aero pack spoiler and front splitter have been ordered now too.

Actually not even missing the GTR now and think this is much better as a daily, find I can drive it harder and throw it around corners whereas I had to be a lot more careful in the GTR as the bumpy/crap roads really upset the suspension whereas this just soaks it up.

Did you get it from Mercedes Belfast?
No mate, I went to England for it as I found Belfast only seem to get c63s with the lowest spec possible and then put very high prices on them too. Seeing Belfasts facelift models and driving one is what put me off the facelift, I don't think they suit the GTR grill at all, the GTR can pull it off as it was so wide but I think the vertical slats on the narrower c63 make it look even narrower, think the horizontal grill looks much better on them.

Beautiful car , good health to enjoy : are you keeping original reg or going personal, must keep an eye out in case I see you about will give you a toot.
Its totally inappropriate but I'm going to keep my M4 reg on it 😂

I don't think they suit the GTR grill at all, the GTR can pull it off as it was so wide but I think the vertical slats on the narrower c63 make it look even narrower, think the horizontal grill looks much better on them.
Hooray, finally someone else who thinks that grille looks wrong. Couldn't agree more, reminds me of Hannibal's mask.

No mate, I went to England for it as I found Belfast only seem to get c63s with the lowest spec possible and then put very high prices on them too. Seeing Belfasts facelift models and driving one is what put me off the facelift,
Funny that.

When I was looking for my E63, Mercedes Belfast had one, way less spec, bit older, and were looking a fair chunk more money than than I could see for sale in England.
They were pretty inflexible on the price too.
I seen the car I still have now for sale in a Mercedes dealership in Manchester and they were brilliant to deal with.

Great car! Congrats. I personally prefer the driving experience of the 205 vs the 204 so will wait to be beat up about that. The 204 is a bit softer ride wise but the 205 has immense handling at a small comfort cost.
Grille-wise, the facelift looks better to me but particulate filters kill the sound so the pre sounds better out the box. The facelift IMO is a better vehicle but there is a price premium i personally couldn't justify. Having done both the pre facelift and facelift for a few hours each around MB Brooklands, there isn't much difference to me between them except the facelift has more toys and may be a bit more comfortable but the pre facelift is all the car I could want in any case. Having had a c63s for 3 years I gotta say it is a superb piece of kit.

Funny that.

When I was looking for my E63, Mercedes Belfast had one, way less spec, bit older, and were looking a fair chunk more money than than I could see for sale in England.
They were pretty inflexible on the price too.
I seen the car I still have now for sale in a Mercedes dealership in Manchester and they were brilliant to deal with.
Pretty much the same experience I've had any time I looked at anything in Belfast, the deal I got on my GTR that was a much higher spec than what Belfast had ended up being £18k cheaper than what they had quoted me 😂

Great car! Congrats. I personally prefer the driving experience of the 205 vs the 204 so will wait to be beat up about that. The 204 is a bit softer ride wise but the 205 has immense handling at a small comfort cost.
Grille-wise, the facelift looks better to me but particulate filters kill the sound so the pre sounds better out the box. The facelift IMO is a better vehicle but there is a price premium i personally couldn't justify. Having done both the pre facelift and facelift for a few hours each around MB Brooklands, there isn't much difference to me between them except the facelift has more toys and may be a bit more comfortable but the pre facelift is all the car I could want in any case. Having had a c63s for 3 years I gotta say it is a superb piece of kit.
I actually find the 205 super comfortable but that's probably just because I'm coming from a GTR haha Yeah the opf and the lack of pops and cracks killed the facelift for me, I had agree to buy one but pulled out as decided I would miss the sound of the GTR too much so the pre facelift seemed like a better option. For sure the digital dials are nice but I have a HUD so don't really do much looking at the dials anyway so I was prepared to compromise on that.

RENNtech EVM arrived this morning and makes a big difference, driving in comfort now sounds like sport plus minus the cracks and pops :cool:

Spoiler and splitter should be arriving tomorrow and think that will be me done with tinkering with it. Absolutely loving it now.

IMG_1272.jpgIMG_1274.jpgIMG_1282.jpg

Love this ! 🔥😍

Pretty much the same experience I've had any time I looked at anything in Belfast, the deal I got on my GTR that was a much higher spec than what Belfast had ended up being £18k cheaper than what they had quoted me 😂

I actually find the 205 super comfortable but that's probably just because I'm coming from a GTR haha Yeah the opf and the lack of pops and cracks killed the facelift for me, I had agree to buy one but pulled out as decided I would miss the sound of the GTR too much so the pre facelift seemed like a better option. For sure the digital dials are nice but I have a HUD so don't really do much looking at the dials anyway so I was prepared to compromise on that.

RENNtech EVM arrived this morning and makes a big difference, driving in comfort now sounds like sport plus minus the cracks and pops :cool:

Spoiler and splitter should be arriving tomorrow and think that will be me done with tinkering with it. Absolutely loving it now.

View attachment 118075View attachment 118076View attachment 118077
Wow , stunning! That's a beauty
Agreed re the HUD, i literally never used the gauge clusters either. I like the toys in the facelift especially the 9 stage traction control , its brilliant. i must admit, there are definitely pops and bangs in the facelift but they're muted for sure especially by the OPF, but worse, by enhanced engine sound in the cabin! So Windows or sunroof needs to be open to catch them which is not practical for 7 months of the year.
You know I saw this one C63s with a modded exhaust which was so loud and epic compared to my car which was the same model, I could hear it 50 yards in front of me on the motorway. I was definitely green with envy

Looks great, love the red leather. I do find the alcantara on the steering wheel to be poor though. Where did you order your parts from? Went for the ASR exhaust valve controller but now thinking secondary cat delete for more sound....

Mercedes don't use real alcantara, it's Dinamica which isn't as hard wearing and goes smooth/flat. I've had my wheel retrimmed in real alcantara (which is a brand name chucked around far too often on other similar materials) and the difference is night and day better.

Mercedes don't use real alcantara, it's Dinamica which isn't as hard wearing and goes smooth/flat. I've had my wheel retrimmed in real alcantara (which is a brand name chucked around far too often on other similar materials) and the difference is night and day better.
Probably will get around to having mine done. Need to watch some videos on removing the wheel!

It's not too hard.

- Disconnect the battery and leave it for half an hour
- Poke a screwdriver/Allen key in the holes on the side of the airbag to pop it off
- Undo the bolt. I used a luggage strap around my leg and through the wheel to have something to lever against as it's tight. I wanted to avoid levering against the steering lock to avoid breaking it.
- Unplug the wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom