New to me pre facelift C63S Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I must try an M4. i was a big M car fan in the 90s and 00s but since then all the Ms I have driven have felt super competent but also quite clinical, a bit like 991 and later 911s. Sometimes brilliant but remote. Also AMG and Audi RS interiors seem more special. M interiors seem like standard BMW with badges.
But things always change and I love the looks of some of the latest Ms. and with a hybrid 4 cylinder four wheel drive C63 its all up for grabs. please post your thoughts on this forum, as a comparison, even if you are no longer a AMG owner

Yes they will allow that but once contact has been made ask them to delete it as this is a public forum🙂

I must try an M4. i was a big M car fan in the 90s and 00s but since then all the Ms I have driven have felt super competent but also quite clinical, a bit like 991 and later 911s. Sometimes brilliant but remote. Also AMG and Audi RS interiors seem more special. M interiors seem like standard BMW with badges.
But things always change and I love the looks of some of the latest Ms. and with a hybrid 4 cylinder four wheel drive C63 its all up for grabs. please post your thoughts on this forum, as a comparison, even if you are no longer a AMG owner

I have actually always really liked the M4 interior as long as it has full leather - my old one had it and so does this so just about every surface inside the cabin is covered in leather with white stitching, I think it makes a huge difference to the car. I feel there's a bit too much plastic in the C63 but can see your Brabus conversion has taken care of that with yours 😍

Will definitely share my thoughts on the M4. Another thing that I feel is much better in the C63 is the HUD - its a much better size with the rev counter showing than it is in the M4 - its huge and a bit intrusive on the M4 and the 'reduced mode' revs is a bit too small to be useful so feel the C63 is definitely ahead there.

I have actually always really liked the M4 interior as long as it has full leather - my old one had it and so does this so just about every surface inside the cabin is covered in leather with white stitching, I think it makes a huge difference to the car. I feel there's a bit too much plastic in the C63 but can see your Brabus conversion has taken care of that with yours 😍

Will definitely share my thoughts on the M4. Another thing that I feel is much better in the C63 is the HUD - its a much better size with the rev counter showing than it is in the M4 - its huge and a bit intrusive on the M4 and the 'reduced mode' revs is a bit too small to be useful so feel the C63 is definitely ahead there.
That sounds very nice. Strange how some manufacturers still pay only lip service to interiors while lashing out on exterior features. Market research must have told them that is the way to go but as an owner you are looking at the interior for most of your ownership time.
And now, with engines about to become a commodity, I guess interior design and features suddenly become more important again. Having said that, the early Ms had the sexiest saloon interiors ever so it sounds like a return to form with yours.

Got the M4 yesterday and thought id give a few quick comparisons. I took the EVM off on Wednesday and had forgotten just how much difference it made, sounded so quiet without it and felt a bit odd driving it up yesterday without it on 😂 I think the steering on the C63 is a lot better, its heavier and has more feel for me.I think the HUD on the C63 is a LOT better and more useable. The 360 camera on the C63 seems to give a more representative view - in M4 looks really close to things on the cam when in reality it's not.

Surprisingly I think the M4 buckets are actually a lot more comfortable which I really wasn't expecting - I think they're perfect. Engine feels a lot punchier for want of a better word in the M4 and the suspension is light years ahead, its so comfortable but also composed when you're really pushing on. Few pics from yesterday.

IMG_0915.JPGIMG_0920.jpgIMG_0926.jpgIMG_0933.JPGIMG_0934.jpgIMG_0936.JPG1CBED2AB-6C9A-4A20-A9D0-5C38B009CEAF.JPG

Congrats!

Looks good

Have to say, looks good.
🙂👍

Upon buying a car of that price I would have at least expected the rear number plate to have been fitted central....its the right by a good amount!! Very nice car though and I always admire anyone with the balls to buy, and then try and look after, a black car in the UK.....tried it once...never again! Enjoy!!

Upon buying a car of that price I would have at least expected the rear number plate to have been fitted central....its the right by a good amount!! Very nice car though and I always admire anyone with the balls to buy, and then try and look after, a black car in the UK.....tried it once...never again! Enjoy!!
I'm inclined to agree, i've only ever owned one black car (my only new car to date) and it was horrific to keep clean, every stone chip was visible etc. Still struggle to understand why base coat/primer on cars is pale or white - there must be a good reason for it, unless its just to annoy car enthusiasts....

I'm inclined to agree, i've only ever owned one black car (my only new car to date) and it was horrific to keep clean, every stone chip was visible etc. Still struggle to understand why base coat/primer on cars is pale or white - there must be a good reason for it, unless its just to annoy car enthusiasts....
I found that getting a black car ceramic coated makes a big difference when cleaning it.

Maybe...but it wont stop stone chips, dust build up or tiny car park dents looking HUGE!......which were my main grievances.....but they do look fantastic for 20 minutes or so after polishing!
And I'd still take shiny black over the matt paints and primer grey that's the fashion of the moment!

Stunning looking car and love those seats. I’m in the market for a C63 and have considered a couple of black ones. I had one black car previously and remember thinking never again, but I’m tempted 🤔 not sure if I did buy one I would regret it later knowing what I was letting myself in for

Got the M4 yesterday and thought id give a few quick comparisons. I took the EVM off on Wednesday and had forgotten just how much difference it made, sounded so quiet without it and felt a bit odd driving it up yesterday without it on 😂 I think the steering on the C63 is a lot better, its heavier and has more feel for me.I think the HUD on the C63 is a LOT better and more useable. The 360 camera on the C63 seems to give a more representative view - in M4 looks really close to things on the cam when in reality it's not.

Surprisingly I think the M4 buckets are actually a lot more comfortable which I really wasn't expecting - I think they're perfect. Engine feels a lot punchier for want of a better word in the M4 and the suspension is light years ahead, its so comfortable but also composed when you're really pushing on. Few pics from yesterday.

View attachment 134204View attachment 134205View attachment 134206View attachment 134207View attachment 134208View attachment 134209View attachment 134210
I love that front design on the new M4. Stunning piece of kit . Tell you what, every few years cars move forward so much in terms of advancement . When I compare my 2015 w212 e63s to my 2018 c63s, the difference in advancement is unbelievable. My w212 is like a dinosaur, all the tech in the c is already far ahead so I expect the new m4 would be the same way compared to the previous one and the pre facelift w205.

Regarding the engines, I'm glad if they've improved it from the soulless x3m , I'm sure they've worked hard on tuning it right for the M4/3. It seems like a very compelling package , great choice. Let us know how you get on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom