New to me pre facelift C63S Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow , stunning! That's a beauty
Agreed re the HUD, i literally never used the gauge clusters either. I like the toys in the facelift especially the 9 stage traction control , its brilliant. i must admit, there are definitely pops and bangs in the facelift but they're muted for sure especially by the OPF, but worse, by enhanced engine sound in the cabin! So Windows or sunroof needs to be open to catch them which is not practical for 7 months of the year.
You know I saw this one C63s with a modded exhaust which was so loud and epic compared to my car which was the same model, I could hear it 50 yards in front of me on the motorway. I was definitely green with envy
I really missed having a HUD, my M4 had one and since then I had a 911 GTS and the AMG GTR and neither had one (or the 360 camera) and feels really good to have them again. Yeah I had noticed there were very muted pops and bangs on the opf when I test drove them and also noticed the enchanted engine sound - I hadn't driven a pre opf in years and when I drove mine off I actually thought it sounded a lot more quiet in the cabin compared to the facelift.

Looks great, love the red leather. I do find the alcantara on the steering wheel to be poor though. Where did you order your parts from? Went for the ASR exhaust valve controller but now thinking secondary cat delete for more sound....

Yeah it doesn't wear very well at all. Ordered them from kunzmann.de Would the secondary cat delete make a big difference?

Does anyone know if its possible to remove the rear seat/seatbelt icon that comes up when you start the car and start to drive off? I know you can click ok to remove it but its annoying 😂

I really missed having a HUD, my M4 had one and since then I had a 911 GTS and the AMG GTR and neither had one (or the 360 camera) and feels really good to have them again. Yeah I had noticed there were very muted pops and bangs on the opf when I test drove them and also noticed the enchanted engine sound - I hadn't driven a pre opf in years and when I drove mine off I actually thought it sounded a lot more quiet in the cabin compared to the facelift.

Yeah it doesn't wear very well at all. Ordered them from kunzmann.de Would the secondary cat delete make a big difference?

Does anyone know if its possible to remove the rear seat/seatbelt icon that comes up when you start the car and start to drive off? I know you can click ok to remove it but its annoying 😂
Quick fix for the alcantara on the steering wheel, clean the alcantara with unfragranced wet wipes until all the brown dirt completely comes off , I kid you not, it will look as good as new once it dries.
I honestly think having one or two key options on a car can make such a difference, my previous E63 had dynamic seats , cooling and massaging seats and on a car with a duality of purpose like an E class, I was surprised that the guy who I bought this car from didn't bother ticking this option or even rear folding seats.

Agreed, I actually like the enhanced cabin sound as at least you can enjoy the engine sound without having to make the exhaust really really loud on the outside. I'm currently grappling with the issue that the cabin is too quiet of my car but if I mod the exhaust it will get too loud for everyone outside the car !

Looks great!
I think all AMGs should have electronic exhaust valves, i love how silent my E63 is coming home late afternoon, but would love to make it roar other places.

So last week I part exchanged my GTR against a preface lift c63s coupe. I loved my GTR but found it just too hard and impractical as my only car so decided a c63 was the best compromise of something that was useable but also sounded fun. It has every option ticked including HUD and 360 camera and think the only option it didn't have ticked was the ceramics. I absolutely love the colour.

I was a bit shocked that it sounds so loud from the outside compared to inside the cabin so have ordered a RENNtech EVM for it and am debating getting either the new aero pack rear spoiler or the original edition 1 spoiler as well as the aero pack front splitter. Things that have taken the most getting used to apart from the relative lack of sound in the cabin is the higher seating position and the steering which feels a little odd compared to the GTR.

Have already had it on roads that I wouldn't have dared taking the GTR on and everyone who's been in it has commented how comfortable it is in comparison :D

View attachment 117874View attachment 117875View attachment 117876View attachment 117877View attachment 117878View attachment 117879View attachment 117880View attachment 117881View attachment 117882View attachment 117883
That colour is something else. Where did you get the renntech evm from? Does it work on the e63. As you said it makes the sound louder, so was wondering how different.

What a great looking car, enjoy!

That colour is something else. Where did you get the renntech evm from? Does it work on the e63. As you said it makes the sound louder, so was wondering how different.
I got mine from Collins Performance in the UK, they're an authorised RENNtech dealer. I think the one you would want for your e63 is
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thats a link to show the sort of diff it makes on the c63 so I assume it would be comparable on the e63

I got mine from Collins Performance in the UK, they're an authorised RENNtech dealer. I think the one you would want for your e63 is
Thats a link to show the sort of diff it makes on the c63 so I assume it would be comparable on the e63
Mine sounds the same but cost £20 😂
But again I don’t have the exhaust button in mine so keeping the valves open 24/7 is fine 😎

Mine sounds the same but cost £20 😂
But again I don’t have the exhaust button in mine so keeping the valves open 24/7 is fine 😎
That sounds like a better option 😂, what did you get done and is it reversible?

That sounds like a better option 😂, what did you get done and is it reversible?
Yes mate,

it’s just a “exhaust valve simulator”
So basically you unplug the exhaust valves and plug in the simulator so ECU thinks the valve is still present.

when the exhaust valves are unplug they automatically open as the valve uses 12volts to close.
And whenever you want to revert back you unplug the simulator and and connect the valve back up. You don’t take the valve off the car or anything

I purchased the A45 exhaust valve simulators as they are the very same as the C63 ones but half the price 😂 I confirmed this when my mate purchased the C63 ones and I purchased the A45 ones.

make sure you get the kit on eBay that comes with the blanking plug for the exhaust valve that way no water gets into the connections and rusts the pins

Was it easy to get the device installed OK then?

Was it easy to get the device installed OK then?
Yeah it took about 30 seconds although I think it might be a bit more awkward depending where you have to fit it in each model as I know in the GTR it needed fitted in the passenger side of the dash whereas in the c63 it was in the boot so super easy.

Had it out tonight and revved it with the exhaust valves open and as stock as the difference is absolutely massive, it’s now very loud outside the car, probably louder than the GTR 😳 Good thing about the controller is you can hit button 2 on the remote and it puts the car back to stock so you don’t have to have the flaps open on the motorway etc or if you want to be quiet.

Found out my car has already been coated in gyeon q2 matte 😀

I really missed having a HUD, my M4 had one and since then I had a 911 GTS and the AMG GTR and neither had one (or the 360 camera) and feels really good to have them again...

I drove a car with HUD for a few days in the US a couple of years ago, and my current car has it well (both non-Mercs). I find that if you drive on a particularly bright and sunny day with my sunglasses on, the HUD is extremely faint.

It was very difficult to see it when I was driving in the US, but here in the UK I so far found it too faint only once - most days aren't very bright.

I think it's a great option for Northern countries and for the UK, but might not work that well for cars driven mostly in warm and sunny countries.

Got my aero pack rear spoiler and front splitter fitted and think they finish the car off perfectly. Particularly impressed by the splitter, didn't think it would make such a dramatic difference to the front end. Absolutely loving this car and don't miss the GTR at all and I never thought I would say that!
IMG_1493.jpgIMG_1495.JPGIMG_1497.JPGIMG_1499.JPGIMG_1504.jpg

Stunning. 😍

The grille aperture was never designed to house vertical slats and it looks wrong in my eyes, unlike the AMG GT where the opening is a different shape and suits it better.

The pre-facelift rear looks better too imo. On
the facelift the exhaust tips are too large and more prominently show the real pea shooter tips behind, plus they look disproportionately large for the car. I prefer the 'diffuser' design too, without that weird bar going along underneath.

Facelift designs are usually an exercise in making up something different for the sake of it to try and revitalise the model mid life cycle. Most of the time I find the original design better and more cohesive. The 204 C63 is another case in point, most agree the pre-facelift looks better on the outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom