New(to me ) rims and winter tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D2028

Car
2009 CLK 220 cdi avantgarde, 2004 landrover discovery2 td5
Just received these this evening, bought from eBay. Looking forward to putting them on for the winter.

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpeg
    IMG_0572.jpeg
    909.9 KB · Views: 19
Winter tyres are so worthwhile! Once you've tried them you never want to be on summer tyres when it gets below about 7 degrees. My CLK is about to be tucked away for the winter otherwise I'd be bidding on the set of almost new 17" Kumhos just listed on Ebay in the South Midlands in staggered Mercedes sizes. A search of "mercedes 17 kumho winter tyres" will find them.

Winter tyres are so worthwhile! Once you've tried them you never want to be on summer tyres when it gets below about 7 degrees. My CLK is about to be tucked away for the winter otherwise I'd be bidding on the set of almost new 17" Kumhos just listed on Ebay in the South Midlands in staggered Mercedes sizes. A search of "mercedes 17 kumho winter tyres" will find them.
Thankfully these came with Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D tyres fitted with enough tread to see out this winter

Just out of curiosity does anyone know the colour name of these from the picture, I would like to touch up one small flaw before it starts to spread

Sorry no

But agreed, when I had to drive in winter and up north, Winters on my old CLK were sensible and fantastic.

I can now Winter From Home if I see a single flake or frost though!

Thanks for the tip :thumb:

Almost pressed the button straight away but mulling it over. I've got a barely used Subaru Outback sat outside my house at the moment. Winters on the CLK may be a bit unnecessary.

Thanks for the tip :thumb:

Almost pressed the button straight away but mulling it over. I've got a barely used Subaru Outback sat outside my house at the moment. Winters on the CLK may be a bit unnecessary.
I have a landrover discovery 2 td5 outside, but would like to use the clk occasionally during the winter, the winter tyres are safer at lower temperatures so it won't be ploughing through snowdrifts,just those crisp frosty days that may occur.

Living right on the South coast where a cold night is about zero degrees about 10 times a year, I've never felt (literally) the need for winters.....but I can certainly see the advantage if you live in the barren, snowy, polar bear strewn expanses that are anywhere North of London!!!

@D2028 wise move, especially if your Mercedes is/has one or more of the following: rear wheel drive, automatic, and on wide high performance tyres as they all conspire against cold weather use.

Modern premium winter tyres are so good that the amount of compromise is minimal and not really noticeable and the benefit can be huge and felt. The sort of thing that has to be experienced to be believed.

They are either invaluable or unvaluable depending upon location. Whilst the temperatures are milder on the south coast. I can’t help but think that Winter tyres have a tangible benefit across the UK.

Snow is when the difference is most dramatic, but traction and grip improve significantly in cool temperatures, especially when it’s wet as summer tyres can’t reach or maintain operating temperature.

@D2028 wise move, especially if your Mercedes is/has one or more of the following: rear wheel drive, automatic, and on wide high performance tyres as they all conspire against cold weather use.

Modern premium winter tyres are so good that the amount of compromise is minimal and not really noticeable and the benefit can be huge and felt. The sort of thing that has to be experienced to be believed.

They are either invaluable or unvaluable depending upon location. Whilst the temperatures are milder on the south coast. I can’t help but think that Winter tyres have a tangible benefit across the UK.

Snow is when the difference is most dramatic, but traction and grip improve significantly in cool temperatures, especially when it’s wet as summer tyres can’t reach or maintain operating temperature.
Northern Ireland is well suited to winter tyres.....most of the year unfortunately.🥶

Northern Ireland is well suited to winter tyres.....most of the year unfortunately.🥶
You’ll get your money’s worth then! I’ll send you a parcel of sunshine from the sunny North Midlands! 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom