• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New to me Yellowstone SLK

image.jpg

Might be able to make out the diamond cut lip. My lovely wife modelling 🤣
Nice looking Motor (and Mrs)🤫
Tyres are new so when eventually replaced, will get rims diamond cut.

@YellowStone - Diamond cut rims will deteriorate again. Sadly they can only be recut 2 or 3 times before the ‘bead’ wall becomes too thin.
Better off with just a good powdercoat all over, much more durable.

ps loving the Hawk in your photo :cool:

@YellowStone - Diamond cut rims will deteriorate again. Sadly they can only be recut 2 or 3 times before the ‘bead’ wall becomes too thin.
Better off with just a good powdercoat all over, much more durable.

ps loving the Hawk in your photo :cool:
Thanks for the advice, will stay as is as they look okay.

The Hawk, yes my past history…. great time/days👍

Gosh, wish I was that slim today (not far off)😂

I cannot reply to Fuel Petrol Posts yet however, energy….. follow the money, I cannot remember a Top Notch totally responsible, trustworthy or great Leader/PM or MP for as long as I have been voting…. and that is a long time😂😱

Some subscribers seem to think the future is Heat Pumps…. many firms that have been installing said items have gone bust to lack of interest😂. And they admit they are expensive and inefficient especially the more north you live.😎

Since the 70s, the vast majority of North Sea oil has been shipped to USA, why? Because it is the wrong type of oil, to heavy etc. What I would like to know, what price do they pay? Is it a special contract price negotiated in the 70s?

The forecast for the North Sea gas reserves is to be very low come 2030. What happens then? I guess we shall import at a hefty price.
What do we use for cremation pursose’s 😳😳 Oops🤫. Sulphuric Acid! Ouch.

Apologies for not being on for a while, reason,

Not too well
Van 1 blew a turbo…..
Then had significant oil leak. Had all pipes and cam cover replaced.
Van 2 failed mot😳
Had two new front suspension legs and near side wheel bearing
Van 1 taken off the road again with DPF problems….. expensive repairs😢 and service
Van 2 has now timing belt etc replacement and service
The SLK….. having done less than 100 miles since I purchased last October, put in for mot. Asked garage to be really hard with mot, they said they usually are😂

So after all the problems with vans….. SLK passed without any advisories. Garage invited me to have a look underneath. Given that the garage is a Mercedes Indy they said this is the nicest and cleanest SLK they have seen to date and more so since it is 27 years old. So well pleased.

Over the coming months I shall get the headlining professionally repaired (I can see it is delaminating) and then a new second key as original is naffed.

Cheers,
Paul

I had a Stag, it was red ..... that is the best thing i can say about it. A lovely looking car, alas mine had a serious engine malfunction so a mate and i transferred a PI 2.5 straight six into the Stag - Sounded alright, certainly ran a lot better but...... it was now ruined, so off it went.
Mazda MX-5 is still one of the most reliable and best sports car you can buy for your money..... I have had the MK1, MK2, and latterly the 2.0l Roadster, It was only the longing for a V8 that ended my MX-5 run.

The Mazda is not an SL500, in many ways, but my wallet was rarely opened to fix her and she always got me there - Cannot really say the same for the MB - But i am much happier with the SL :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom