New to merc’s just brought a 2014 E63 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bet ... And lol - when I took it to its first service I got a GLB as courtesy car. Was confused why emption start doesn't work ... #diesel #nonamg

I have never really understood worrying about the neighbours. Mine haven't complained yet and they get to listen to the cold V8 'morning chorus' whether they like it or not from 6am onwards quite often round these parts :)
Our neighbours are great - they’ll never say the noise from our cars is a problem, but I suspect that is because generally we’re nice neighbours (even if I say so myself).

I’m sure that they would prefer that we have quieter cars, especially when I used to have regular early starts, but if that’s the worst thing about us then it’s not so bad.

However if the relationship between neighbours is a little more tense, then I can imagine a loud car, could be frustrating, especially cold starts very early or very late.

For those of us saying noise Ian my a problem that must mean that we’re either otherwise wonderful neighbours or absolutely terrible selfish neighbours!

PS As an example of how lucky they are to live next to me, I used to leave home before 0400 2-3 times every week and I used to take the quietest car we owned...

...a car with a 6.2 litre V8 😁

I now have a Smart which would be ideal for a quiet departure for those early flights but I think I only flew a couple of times before lockdown 1.0. Terrible timing!

Hopefully a quick question, but I’ve been reading about timing chain issues on early cars, mine is a 14 plate, how can I find out if it needs looking at as I’ve seen people say that early cars suffer with them failing

Hopefully a quick question, but I’ve been reading about timing chain issues on early cars, mine is a 14 plate, how can I find out if it needs looking at as I’ve seen people say that early cars suffer with them failing
A 14 plate facelift has one of the revised timing chains
Relax.

Nice to hear, thank you, on a side note I’ve messaged MSL today regarding a stage 1 map and resonator delete
Good man. You won't regret it.
Communication isn't their strong point so you may want to call them direct to arrange it.
0121 772 5572

I've just spoken to MSL and the resonator makes no difference to the MOT, it only affects it if you start messing with the cat's

I don't worry about the neighbours, but I do worry about my wife! The one pandemic benefit is not commuting and leaving the house at 5:50 every day - she did not like my old M6 cold start noise. That said, <obviously> BMW did not make as nice a noise, and secondly, the Merc does go quiet quickly when put into gear (which didn't happen with the BMW)....thinking about the res delete at the first service I do (in a month or so) - probably best to get it in before I start commuting again

Afternoon all, I'm looking at fitting a front splitter, big fin diffuser and a panamericana gt grill, does anyone know the best places to get these items, I'm looking for somewhere that supply good quality / fit items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom