New to merc’s just brought a 2014 E63 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cr4zylegs

Car
Mercedes e63 estate
Evening all, I’m new to merc’s but have owned plenty of BMW’s, TVR’s, jag’s, Porsche’s in the past, I’ve gone with an e63 as my partner said my Jag XKRS wasn’t practical enough so needed an estate, but I still wanted something that sounded good and that I could have some fun in.
first impressions are good, definitely sounds the part! It’s lacking slightly in drama compared to the jag, but to be honest the jag was the nicest car I’ve owned and I don’t think I’ll ever find something that compares to it, but then again I couldn’t fit my 2 Italian mastiff’s in the back of the jag like I can in the merc!
looking for advise on what performace mods to do, I’ve been doing a bit of research and fancy a remap and LSD fitting, any other mods I should be looking at doing?

Attachments

• 68F73F16-18E8-4F73-8E38-1D8AB4547B29.jpeg
    68F73F16-18E8-4F73-8E38-1D8AB4547B29.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
Nice car! I almost bought this one from Kings Norton Birmingham right?!

I bought another 2014 E63, but am already regretting the Obsidian black over your very nice palladium silver!

I'll be getting a stage 1 map and quaife lsd fitted at MSL in a couple of weeks, don't reckon it needs anything else.
Although AMGeed has me tempted with a resonator delete for a bit more noise...

PS are those cane corsos?!

Welcome to forum:thumb:
As above, an MSL remap will soon make you forget the Jaaaag.
I do recommend a resonator delete to give the car some more V8 volume.

I brought this one private, I love black cars but it’s the keeping them clean bit that I hate!
think I might go with the MSL tune and LSD, the resonator delete sounds good but I don’t want to drive round sounding like a d@#k, I live in a small rural village and I don’t want to be the pleb that has that car with the stupid exhaust, already had that with a v8 mustang with a straight through exhaust 😂
yes they are cane corso’s, ones 8 and soft and calm, the others 3 and is a total nutter!

I brought this one private, I love black cars but it’s the keeping them clean bit that I hate!
think I might go with the MSL tune and LSD, the resonator delete sounds good but I don’t want to drive round sounding like a d@#k, I live in a small rural village and I don’t want to be the pleb that has that car with the stupid exhaust, already had that with a v8 mustang with a straight through exhaust 😂
yes they are cane corso’s, ones 8 and soft and calm, the others 3 and is a total nutter!
Yeah, I was speaking to the seller. Seemed legit and well looked after car.

Exactly...I should have learned my lesson from a previous black S4!

My thoughts as well on the res delete, living in a very small village!

Great dogs! I decided to keep my Octavia vRS as the dog car... mine have a habit of getting extremely muddy and I don't want my E63 suffering the same fate of the Skoda!

You wouldn't know the resonator has been removed until you put your foot down or on a morning cold start.
I'm just an old age hooligan:devil:
Is there a choice to make with respect to H, X, straight pipes? Was it you who did the cold start video? Do you have any videos of the sound whilst driving?

Yes, you can have an x h or straight piped conversion. Talk it through with Imran before he starts work.
I didn't and assumed he was putting an h pipe set up on mine. I got distracted and when I returned he'd just finished it with straight pipes.
After hearing it go up the drag strip outside I wasn't unhappy at what he'd done.
Doing a video on the move is something I want to do. My son in law has a new Go Pro so when the time is right I'll do one.
The cold start video was mine . (Black 64 plate saloon)

My neighbour, who is a car nut, says he enjoys the noise from my CLS55 standard toobs from a cold start.

Yes, you can have an x h or straight piped conversion. Talk it through with Imran before he starts work.
I didn't and assumed he was putting an h pipe set up on mine. I got distracted and when I returned he'd just finished it with straight pipes.
After hearing it go up the drag strip outside I wasn't unhappy at what he'd done.
Doing a video on the move is something I want to do. My son in law has a new Go Pro so when the time is right I'll do one.
The cold start video was mine . (Black 64 plate saloon)
Thanks, very helpful. I'll definitely discuss with Imran, I think I'm sold! And if it's too loud I know who to blame with your "wouldn't know it had been removed comment" 😉

Yeah, that was the vid I saw.

Sorry, crazylegs for hijacking your thread!

Rich, the seller was a straight up guy and loved the car, she was exactly as descibed, body work is superb and the engine sounds great

AMGEED do you have a link to your cold start Vid?
I have one video with a cold start before the resonator delete
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

One video with resonator delete but not a cold start. You can hear the difference when revved.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have never really understood worrying about the neighbours. Mine haven't complained yet and they get to listen to the cold V8 'morning chorus' whether they like it or not from 6am onwards quite often round these parts :)

I have never really understood worrying about the neighbours. Mine haven't complained yet and they get to listen to the cold V8 'morning chorus' whether they like it or not from 6am onwards quite often round these parts :)

I do leave at 5am some mornings😆, I get the impression I'm not the best neighbour to have. Saying that I do put the car straight into drive, this cuts the noise quite alot. Occasionally I get picked up so it's not everyday the V8 roars in to life lol. My neighbours have only ever been warm towards me about the car to be fair. And spoken well of the sound it makes. They are a decent bunch to be fair. 👍

I think I never start my e63s without emotion start lol ... resonator delete (or proper exhaust) will come once warranty is over haha ...

I think I never start my e63s without emotion start lol ... resonator delete (or proper exhaust) will come once warranty is over haha ...
Sadly, the 212 E63's don't have the emotion start😞
The resonator delete makes up for it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom