new to merc ownership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rob swallow

Car
ml320
morning. Bought my first Mercedes last night. Wplate clk320 advantgarde. 125000 miles history up to 106k bills in pack from a Porsche dealership for £900 for service and some front suspension work. All electrics work climate is ice cold amg wheels with continental tires. Clean enough for a 14 year old car just a couple of patches of rust on bottom of doors and some stitching undone on drivers seat. £800 i gave for it. Getting quotes next week for paint on doors. Only done 30 miles but already love the pace and the comfort:). Happy boy

Welcome to the forum and great buy, I love my W208 CLK even though she is now coming up on 18 years old. She's mint but if you get all the jobs done and keep on top if it you will get many years of trouble free motoring

As regards the stitching if it's bad then there are plenty of seats on eBay if it just needs restitching then if you let us know your location I'm sure someone could recommend an upholsterer to sort for you

Enjoy the new motor

I'm in Alfreton near derby. Not sure whether to have doors painted or try and find a decent breakers who might have 2 in. What would be your recommendation flango?

rob swallow said:
I'm in Alfreton near derby. Not sure whether to have doors painted or try and find a decent breakers who might have 2 in. What would be your recommendation flango?

I would get them painted as doors from a breaker never match colour wise and always look odd. I'm sure there was a thread in here about a painters just North of Derby and another in Chesterfield if you search you might find them. I'll try and find them too. There's also a upholsterer in Chesterfield

Welcome aboard
I have been driving mercs for 4 years now and only joined the forum last week when I took delivery of a E350 coupe
It has done 35000 miles and is fantastic with all the gadgets etc best car I have ever owned

Good price.
Well done.

thanks everyone. Loving car. Grace pace and enough space

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom