New to Mercedes, EML on C350cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Allybassman

Car
2012 W204 C350 Estate
Hi all!

Not the first post to this forum I invisiged but oh well!

I picked up my first Mercedes last night, a MY2012 C350cdi Estate. Absolutley fell in love with it on the test drive and really turned my head away from BMW!

Fired the car up after completing the paperwork etc and the engine light was on...typical.

I bought it from a Ford dealer, their workshop had closed so was advised to drive it and see how it is. The car drived fine, pulled well, no juddering etc. So advised to take it home and ring them in the morning if it's still on...which ofcourse it is.

Used my trusty obdc scanner to pull some fault codes:

Here is what it found.

Motor Electronics (MB: 0064467140)

14B200: : Fault: Component ''Hot film mass air flow sensor'' has a plausibility error. Component 'Hot film mass air flow sensor' has a plausibility error. / Fault: DFC_AFSSetyDrftMin: plausibility check of the upper sensitivity drift limit

161D00: : Fault: The signal voltage of component ''B19 (Catalytic converter temperature sensor)'' is too high. The signal voltage of component 'B19/9 (Temperature sensor upstream of diesel particulate filter)' is too high.

PARK - Parking system (N62) (MB: 1729011300)

C44700: : Fault: Implausible data has been received by the Central Gateway.

SAM - Signalerfass- und Ansteuermodul (N10) (MB: 2129015204)

A37971: Fault: The wiper motor has blocked Funktionsstoerung.Der actuator. The wiper motor has a malfunction. The actuator blocked.

- I guess the top two would be the ones more likley to throw up a EML? Some googling has not found much with regards to an obvious issue. So any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Alasdair

You need to clear those and go for a drive . then do a rescan.

Probably a good idea, just need to find something to clear them with now!

Is your scanner read only ?

I'm just using a carly adaptor that I got for my old BMW, I downloaded Carly for Mercedes free edition last night, this did not give me the option to clear the codes.

Do you recommend any free apps that could clear them? I'd like to avoid dropping £38 on the pro version if possible!

Torque pro.

You'll need a Mercedes Star scan test.
Could be a number of things

To be honest it's the Dealers problem to sort not yours.
Take it back.

What Ford Dealer was it.

Yeah that's what I thought, they're 60 miles away from me but I guess needs must. :-(

Not going to name them yet, they've been great so far so I'll just give them oppourtunity to fix it first.

Personally, I would take it back to the dealer, EML was on and they advised you to drive it away and take it back if light was still on...
Unless the fault codes are read and deleted the light will stay on, let them sort it properly

Yep, you're all right. I'll chase them up now and see what they want me to do.

Well the garage have had it in and they say the issue is a broken pipe - which they are replacing. I was meant to pick it up today but "they sent the wrong part" more like they ordered the wrong part.... Annoyed as i'm stuck driving a crappy old Mondeo i've been given as a loaner. Rant over.

Hi,
When you go back, then ask if they have cleared all the codes, happily then you should have no EML on. If you are going to keep the car for any length of time then it might pay you to save up, to get a dedicated Mercedes code reader. I like many others here use a an Icarsoft MB11, which for me, has repaid itself time and time again, but of course there are many others. No doubt someone else can suggest a decent "Indie" in your neck of the woods for any future problems , (which hope you do not get ). It is always a bit daunting to get problems on a "new to you car", but garages seem these days to work on a system of fix it when someone complains and not bother to check everything before it gets sent out.

Steve.

Hi all, I have the car back now, they changed a intake pipe that was damaged when they serviced it and a sensor in the exhaust. No EML is on and the car drives perfectly.

Owner of the dealership was very apologetic and was clearly not happy with the technicians who serviced the car before I collected it and the salesman who let me drive away in it with a EML on.

Cheers all - One very happy C350 owner.

For now :)

Yup, fingers crossed all is well now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom