New to Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clubadria

Car
Black 57 GL
Hello,
Well I've gone from owning many Audi's and VW over the years, my last car was a Audi A8 4.2 tdi, but we tow a Caravan and wanted to sit higher up.
There isn't that many ML's AND GL's out there compared to other manufacture's.
We do not need 7 seats, but a vehicle weighing 2 ton at least.
All high spec merc's seem to be 2 or 3 grand above everything else, then the budget I had set a top price of 20 grand, So much newer ml even a very nice Designo, but also liked the GL, So found couple of nice spec ones, Didn't look at any because had to finish off bathroom first.
Then looked at reviews of one garage up north and that put me off.
Private one not on auto trader.
After that I decided that changing the caravan was next on the list, So car price had to come down.
After all that we've bought a 57plate GL 420cdi from Suffolk, It has a rear air bag leak and the boot doesn't want to open with the key.
Will take it to Mercland when allowed out.
The ride is not right its too bouncy, and fitting towing mirrors is not easy.
But I like it and it has plenty of power.
Hope it didn't bore you to much, we've all got plenty of time on our hands.

Thanks
David

Hello and welcome. Am sure Mercland will sort you out, bought an nice ML from them a couple of years ago

Hello and welcome. Am sure Mercland will sort you out, bought an nice ML from them a couple of years ago
Thank you
Will try and book it in with them so I've got an idea of what's wrong and how much its going to cost in putting right.
Now Carmarthen very nice town with the impressive council building, Been to the Ivy bush a few times last year as i'm a coach driver.

Thank you
Will try and book it in with them so I've got an idea of what's wrong and how much its going to cost in putting right.
Now Carmarthen very nice town with the impressive council building, Been to the Ivy bush a few times last year as i'm a coach driver.

Yes, we like the town, we live about 9 miles west on the Towy estuary, nice and quite and picturesque .
Great village shop , delivers fresh fruit and veg, they bake their own bread and as the bar bistro at the back of the shop is closed they do take away beer and meals . 2 minutes walk for my wife to collect, or they will deliver. :D

Yes, we like the town, we live about 9 miles west on the Towy estuary, nice and quite and picturesque .
Great village shop , delivers fresh fruit and veg, they bake their own bread and as the bar bistro at the back of the shop is closed they do take away beer and meals . 2 minutes walk for my wife to collect, or they will deliver. :D
Hope they do well, As its places like them bring back how things used to be, when I visit a new place that's what I look for local baker and butcher for sandwich or sausage roll.
Last year I toured around South Wales, And has made me want to visit with my caravan.

Thanks everyone
David

Hope they do well, As its places like them bring back how things used to be, when I visit a new place that's what I look for local baker and butcher for sandwich or sausage roll.
Last year I toured around South Wales, And has made me want to visit with my caravan.

Thanks everyone
David
Only after the all clear!
If you are coming to Carmarthen let me know and we can meet for a beer

Welcome to the forum :)

Hello and welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom