New to the board

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

juggernort

Car
Mercedes CLK 320 AMG
Hi everyone

I have been prompted to join the club after a very brief conversation with another member! We bumped into each other at the Village Hotel in Bury and he commented on the poor rust spots on my arches. Also mentioned that a friend is in discussions with MB about there being a lifetime guarentee on bodywork?

I am a little unsure if this is the club he is in as mention was made of a CLK owners club. Irregardless, having had a look around, this club seems to welcoming!

Driving an aqua R plate CLK 320 Sport with AMG badge. AMG extras appear to be interior finishes and AMG wheels.

No issues with the car since ownership, drives like a dream. Bought with rust marks on the arches, boot lock area and around a headlight. Seem to be commonplace?

Other annoyance is the drivers window glass which doesnt shut cleanly against the rubber so I have to shut the door by pushing the window to get a decent seal.

Hope to see more of you around.

Neil

Hello and welcome to the forum.

There are a few on here with a W208 that I'm sure will be along soon..

Hello and welcome......you will not get any help from MB regarding your rust unless your car complies fully and exactly with the Mobilo warranty conditions and even then you would have to at least commence litigation proceedings and demonstrate that the rust is not resultant upon external influences......have you had the car from new?

Mic

Thanks for the welcome replies :)

No Mic, I have only owned the car since Feb this year. I assumed as much re the rust, but it was worth a thought.

Will be attempting a repair job myself, or unless windfall comes my way, a partial respray. Question of economics having expensive work done to an old car then comes in to play.

Thanks for the welcome replies :)

No Mic, I have only owned the car since Feb this year. I assumed as much re the rust, but it was worth a thought.

Will be attempting a repair job myself, or unless windfall comes my way, a partial respray. Question of economics having expensive work done to an old car then comes in to play.

Owning the car from new is not a prerequisite but it means that you probably do not have enough first hand knowledge of the car's history as regards minor scrapes, stone chips or whatever else might have been the catalyst for rust which in turn, I suspect, means you would not want to start litigation......even if the car appears to fulfil all the T&C's of the Mobilo warranty.

I think you are wise not to contemplate taking the matter up with MB.

Mic

Firstly welcome. You're right, a friendly bunch on here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

I'm sure I remember seeing someone post on here saying that you have to have owned your MB for at least 2 years before that bodywork guarantee kicks in. I didn't read that whole thread thooughly though. Have a search, I'm sure you'll find it easily.

Also, Village Hotel in Bury is very nice, been there a couple of times!

Hello Neil
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Welcome:)

Hi and welcome to the forum Juggernaut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom