New to the Club :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VijayB

Car
2016 Mercedes C43 Coupe, 2011 Audi S3 S-Tronic
Hi All,

I have just signed up and wanted to say hello! I've been reading up on here for a while before ordering my first Mercedes (and first brand new car) about 3 weeks ago.

I managed to get a great deal on a C43 Coupe and cannot wait until the 13th September to get my hands on it!

Despite what people are saying about it not being a proper AMG, my local dealer gave me one to try out over bank holiday weekend and it is a huge step up from my last car (2011 Audi S3). The engine, sound and interior is so much better than what I've been used to! Also, I've noticed when I was searching for car insurance last night, it doesn't seem to come up as a C Class on most websites, its model is listed as an AMG which I thought a bit odd...

Searching on the web, there doesn't seem to be much online about this car. There are a load of 'half-fat AMG' articles and a couple of videos but that's about it. So if anyone has any interesting information about the car or first time Mercedes ownership in general, I'm all ears/eyes :).

Anyway, I look forward to joining in the discussions here and unlike the Audi forums, hopefully I will have no car/dealership troubles to complain about!

Thanks,
Vijay

Congrats!

Seems like you will be amongst the first to have one ...

Post a review once you have had a good drive in them over a period of time... Be nice to know how it feels being a 'half fat AMG'. (Sorry, just joking! ;) I am sure its a nice car)

Welcome i hope you are going to enjoy your new car.

Hello and welcome to you.

Thank you both. The bank holiday weekend test drive was amazing. It really felt special stepping into that car and felt even better driving it. The wait is painful!

Congrats!

Seems like you will be amongst the first to have one ...

Post a review once you have had a good drive in them over a period of time... Be nice to know how it feels being a 'half fat AMG'. (Sorry, just joking! ;) I am sure its a nice car)

I think that is the case. They gave my build a priority as the rest are dealer/demo cars. I saw a black C43 coupe awaiting prep for handover when I gave the car back after the test drive and it had me itching for mine! Looks awesome in black :)

It'd be interesting to pull up next to a C63 on a damp autumn morning...

Despite what people are saying about it not being a proper AMG, my local dealer gave me one to try out over bank holiday weekend and it is a huge step up from my last car (2011 Audi S3).

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to your very first Merc.

It doesn't really matter what people think about the C43, it is what you think of the car that matters. The simple fact that you were blown away by the car when you test drove means it is what YOU want.

Yes, there will be faster Mercs, but it is what floats your own boat that counts. Don't let anyone put you down. You've bought your baby AMG, and you are going to cherish it.

I am keen to hear what you think - looking to order a convertible in the new year for March / April delivery and the C43 is currently high on the list, but may just save some cash and have a C300 convertible with a bit of kit unless you guys convince me otherwise!

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to your very first Merc.

It doesn't really matter what people think about the C43, it is what you think of the car that matters. The simple fact that you were blown away by the car when you test drove means it is what YOU want.

Yes, there will be faster Mercs, but it is what floats your own boat that counts. Don't let anyone put you down. You've bought your baby AMG, and you are going to cherish it.

I would never think any less of my car because others criticise it. The car is what it is. Whether a 'proper' AMG or not, I loved every second of it and cannot wait to have it on my driveway!

It's odd that there is even a debate taking place. As a lot of people on here are saying, if it has AMG on the floormats, it's an AMG and it most definitely has!

Plus the argument can be made that the Mercedes F1 car would wipe the floor with any road car and that only has a 1.6 V6 engine in it. If that isn't using 'proper' AMG tech, I don't know what is!

I am keen to hear what you think - looking to order a convertible in the new year for March / April delivery and the C43 is currently high on the list, but may just save some cash and have a C300 convertible with a bit of kit unless you guys convince me otherwise!

I had two Saab Aero convertibles followed by a CLK convertible, so it is definitely a way of life. I've known to people buy convertibles for their looks, yet never ever drop the roof.

Even now, my CLS has a glass sunroof which I often have open weather permitting.

For me, a sunroof or, even better, a panoramic roof is a must have if you like open air or the feeling of openness.

It's all down to personal choice.

When trying to decide on which C class to go for (it was always going to be a coupe), I test drove a C200, C300 and C43. The 200 was far too slow and numb, the 300 was much better but the 43 is another level altogether. I would advise you test drive one if you haven't already and if the opportunity is there, take one for the weekend. The combination of the AMG exhaust, engine and 9G-tronic box is immense and the soundtrack is utterly engrossing.

You get a nicer selection of alloy wheels and interior trim options in the 43 and it is 4matic too. The difference in price definitely justified the 43 over the 300 for me.

I had two Saab Aero convertibles followed by a CLK convertible, so it is definitely a way of life. I've known to people buy convertibles for their looks, yet never ever drop the roof.

Even now, my CLS has a glass sunroof which I often have open weather permitting.

For me, a sunroof or, even better, a panoramic roof is a must have if you like open air or the feeling of openness.

It's all down to personal choice.

At various times in my life I have had one of every body type (including people carriers!) and for the first time I can justify a convertible (have a Volvo XC70 for mundane tasks) so I am having one. Question is which one and how fast. It has to have 4 seats (daughter and baby to accommodate from time to time!)

Don't get too hung up over this 'its not a full AMG'.

AMG aren't as selective as, e.g. BMW M division where they won't, for example, ever make an M7 but rather give it a watered down M badge, as the M760i. I mean they even did an R63 AMG for crying out loud!

What I'm trying to say is that there are varying levels of AMG'ness between AMGs. I think you'll find that the C43 AMG is more of an AMG than the 'full AMG' S63 Saloon LWB for example.

Don't get too hung up over this 'its not a full AMG'.

AMG aren't as selective as, e.g. BMW M division where they won't, for example, ever make an M7 but rather give it a watered down M badge, as the M760i. I mean they even did an R63 AMG for crying out loud!

What I'm trying to say is that there are varying levels of AMG'ness between AMGs. I think you'll find that the C43 AMG is more of an AMG than the 'full AMG' S63 Saloon LWB for example.

That's true. I think there are only 4 types of AMG made now - 43, 45, 63, 65 right? That corresponds nicely with Audi's S and RS lines. Whereas BMW stick an M on everything!

Congrats and welcome!

Hi i have just purchased a C220 CDI 2005 and to say I am pleased is an understatement, i is one owner from new and only 76000 on the clock it is metallic silver with upgraded wheels and is returning around 46mpg on a run and 36 round town well pleased an love the site, I had one question does anyone know when the transmission fluid and filter should be changed.

That's true. I think there are only 4 types of AMG made now - 43, 45, 63, 65 right? That corresponds nicely with Audi's S and RS lines. Whereas BMW stick an M on everything!

They really do! I was in a BMW dealership last week and they were selling a lime green bicycle for £1500 or so with an M badge stuck on it...

They really do! I was in a BMW dealership last week and they were selling a lime green bicycle for £1500 or so with an M badge stuck on it...

Every other 320d has an M3 badge on it.

Even though my CLS is the AMG Line, the badge on the back says CLS350 on one side and CDI on the other. I've known some owners to remove the CDI badge and replace it with the AMG badge, which is very, very naughty.

A lot of owners decide to unbadge their vehicles, which is usually an indication that it is a 180. My C220 was unbadged, which was great fun when Audi drivers decided to show me how quick they were, and I ended up demonstrating how quick my 220 was.

(Respect to the S-Line only).

((Why are some Audis quick as anything, while others are as slow as a snail stuck in mud?)).

Mind you, some tit in a C220 tried to race my CLS350. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Remember that there is only one way to determine if you are driving an AMG. Look at the mats in the footwells. If they have AMG written on them, you are driving an AMG.

:bannana:

Hi i have just purchased a C220 CDI 2005 and to say I am pleased is an understatement, i is one owner from new and only 76000 on the clock it is metallic silver with upgraded wheels and is returning around 46mpg on a run and 36 round town well pleased an love the site, I had one question does anyone know when the transmission fluid and filter should be changed.

Looks like we are both new to the site and Mercedes ownership, welcome :).

I don't think I'll be seeing economy figures like that, well maybe while the car is being broken in haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom