New to the Club :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
spare key theft first time - locks changed, 4 guys in balaclavas second time... they did not get the keys.
There's a C63 parks just down the street parked on the road, they did not bother with that!

Hope you never have the experience, I'm sure you will enjoy the C43 :thumb:

Jeez, that sounds crazy. Someone I know is lucky enough to live down a nice road with big houses and nice cars on it. 4 guys showed up one night and broke into his neighbour's house. They grabbed the keys for their M3, X5M and Range Rover and drove off. They never got the cars back but insurance paid out so they replaced them.

It wasn't until they got up to leave for work that they noticed the cars were gone. I'd never feel safe in my house after that!

I really feel for you man. It's gutting to know people can't enjoy their little pleasures without some lazy idiot trying to ruin it.

Just before I got the CL500 (the day before in fact!), someone attempted to steal my M5 at 9:30pm at night. They weren't the cleverest bunch as they stopped right under a street lamp and 2x chavs got out wearing hoodies... Then tried walking down the side of my drive which they thought was dark but I could still see them moving... so I locked my doors and waited... then he tried the door handle... the passenger door handle... (because that's the side where the steering wheel is in the movies innit), so i started the engine and reversed a little bit, which surprised them. There was then some shouting, which caused the driver of the car that they came in to open his door slightly, causing the interior light of that car to nicely shine on the face of the driver (The description of whom was told to the police later on). I then beeped my horn and they both ran off back to the car and quickly sped off.

I got their registration number though. And a crime reference number from the police.

And i've not heard a thing from the cops. They were most probably using a stolen numberplate on their car.

Lucky there was no damage to my M5 as it was the part exchange for the next day...

No way! They did this while you were sitting in your car on your driveway?! That's insane!

Even if they weren't caught, they will be put on a list of some kind and if picked up or if the registration is spotted driving around, it'll flag. So if the reg was legit then it'll be a massive inconvenience to them at the very least.

You'd think the engine starting would be enough to make them abandon the mission...but no, it turns out honking the horn is a chav-car-thief repellent :)

I got a sneak peak of my car when dropping off some paperwork to Merc yesterday...10am tomorrow she's mine!

Photo%2008-09-2016%2C%2016%2054%2023.jpg

Last edited:
Wow looks amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom