New to the Fold...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDeadPrussian

Car
Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS
Good Afternoon All,

I thought it was time to introduce myself having lurked for long enough. I found this forum whilst researching my recent purchase of an SLS AMG.

I have been a serial Porsche owner until now (I started out with a 997 C2 then moved on to a 997 C2S and latterly to a 997.1 GT3, a Boxster Spyder and a 997.2 GT3), I have also owned a Nissan R35 GT-R and other fast BMWs etc – but never a Mercedes–Benz, until now – I do have a Smart car I use for commuting, but I’m not sure that counts.

So why make the move? Well I wanted to experience something different, having been lucky enough to have owned some very exciting cars with high revving NA and turbo charged engines, the lure of a large NA engine with huge torque has got the better of me. There’s no replacement for displacement etc….

I haven’t actually taken delivery of the car yet, but it has been delivered to the dealership, so hopefully I will be able to post a picture or two in a day or so once I have been in to see it.

The car is Le Mans Red with Black leather and carbon fibre bits and pieces etc.

Having been out on a test drive in another car, I honestly cannot wait to take the new car home. It will make the trip to the Le Mans Classic at the beginning of next month, which should ensure that we bond properly!

Cheers, Mark.

Wow, what a way to introduce yourself. I'll tell you what, let me know the dealership and I will at my own cost, pick up the car and drive it to you...

I am so not jealous...

Pics Pics Pics.

PS: This might actually be the first SLS in the forum... Welcome to the forum...

Welcome, methinks this will be the first of many AMGs for you - you just don't know it yet! The Mercedes bug will bite as soon as you pick it up!

Looking forward to the pictures and congratulations on a magnificent automobile.

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum.Looking forward to them pictures and a video on Le mans would be a bonus

Yes welcome Mark to the AMG Club and the best Forum of course.

its the first SLS on the forum .. can't wait to see the pics.

Le Mans Red rocks :)

Very envious indeed. I had the priveledge of a test drive in one a few months back and thought then that 'one day' I must own one of these.

I wonder if I'll ever be able to afford one.

However, I should add that ..

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

:D:D:D

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

My very helpful salesman at the dealership has taken a couple of i-Phone pictures for me, so I should be able to post some pictures up later this evening.

The car is being registered later this week hopefully (I have to transfer a number plate from another car on to it) and then it will be detailed by John Drake prior to my collecting it.

Very excited; it makes a fantastic noise – but then I’m new to this AMG thing…

Mr Drake seems to know what he is doing.

Hi Mark
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Welcome to the forum. Has anyone mentioned the new Forum member tradition of test drives for fellow members!

Good luck with the car Mark

What a first post!!

Welcome to the forum.

Been waiting for an SLS to show up,look forward to some opinions and pics .

Big welcome to you.:thumb:

Now that's the way to do it. Nice one and hope to hear lots about it.

That is one hell of a car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom