new to the forum and on the hunt for a CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

filmcell

Car
c220 amg sport edition
new to the forum and on the hunt for a CLS,
had a c180 coupe a few years ago, and made the error buying an insignia great car but not mercedes... so looking to buy a cls to replace my insignia now.. :thumb:

need to get these posts up to 30 , so I have full access..lol

Welcome.
I was intent on getting one of these CLS cars as I love the styling, but the air suspension is very costly should it go wrong which are not long life units and was advised on here it could cost £1,000 a corner, so this scared me off rather.

WOW.... I never new that, So might be a good idea to avoid Air Suspension then . im looking for a 2006- 2009 most seem to be high mileage...

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I understand the CGI is the one to go for as it does not have the air suspension but not sure it is in diesel form.

Last edited:
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I understand the CGI is the one to go for

Yep you are wrong, the AMG in 55 or 63 guise is the one to go for! In fact its just the 55! :D

If you're worried about something that "could" cost a large amount of money for parts etc then an AMG is not for you.......
Plenty of alternative, better engineered parts available at a discounted price so don't let it worry you.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I understand the CGI is the one to go for as it does not have the air suspension but not sure it is in diesel form.

I think the CGI denotes it is the petrol engine and has nothing to do with the spec, or suspension, of the car.

If you are looking for a car that is around seven years old and do not intend to get a decent aftermarket warranty then , IMHO, I would rule out the airmatic ones unless you have a healthy repair fund. There will be loads of people that have had trouble free airmatic sprung cars but it can be very costly to repair if it goes wrong.

It was something I specifically didn't want when I was looking for my CLS for the reason listed above.

Kenny

I've had a cls 500 for a couple of months now , air suspension worries terrified me , I must admit.

Having spoken with a couple of excellent Indys , and looked at the options , I must say I'm not so concerned now.

The air suspension is fantastic , like a magic carpet in comfort , like a go cart when in sport 2.

Honestly , they are fantastic cars. Mines got 55k miles on it , and it literally feels like new. Only thing I can ever see me changing it for is an AMG version in a few years.

Get one bought. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom