New to the forum!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chriszz

Hi guys, im new here. Looking into buying an SLK55 AMG and just thought id see what peoples opinions of them are around the web.

Cheers,
Chris

Good car, dont seem to have any problems in the first couple of years, very very fast, handle well and make a great noise!!!

Hello and welcome

I think clarkson said something like it feels it has a rocket attached to it.

I'm been in a newish E55 and that was great I can only imagine in an SLK it must be warp factor.

Its a buyers market so don't jump in and get a good deal.

E55 is supercharged remember ..... SLK isn't ;)

SLK will still go like s**t off the proverbial though ...

Great car -- welcome -- if you get one love to see pics and to see it at a Get toGether (GTG):rock:

Welcome to MBClub!!!

The SLK55 AMG is an awesome car :rock:

Hi and welcome, the SLK55 sounds fantastic (I've heard one in real life :)) and is likely to avoid the usual hairdresser comments ... which has got to be a bonus :D

SLK55? Good residuals but terrible car to drive. Tell you what, you buy it as an 'investment' and I'll drive it.

Hi and welcome. Just correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought the 'K'in SLK meant Kompressor, meaning supercharged?

Was just wondering because someone earlier was saying it wasn't? Which is which please? Thanks.

No .

The SLK320 , 350 , 55 et al aren't Kompressed .

Same as the CLK , only the 230 is a Kompressor .

Bill , are you still looking for an MB ? Piers E320 coupe is for sale ...

Hi and welcome. Just correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought the 'K'in SLK meant Kompressor, meaning supercharged?

Was just wondering because someone earlier was saying it wasn't? Which is which please? Thanks.

Kurtz = Is the German term/word for short, or so I'm told, or the other possibility that I was led to believe is Kompact.

So, the whole thing is Sport Light Kompact or Sporty Licht Kurtz. The supercharged models usually have the Kompressor monica on the sides of the front wings and on the rhs of the boot lid when viewed from the rear.

Portzy.

Kurtz = Is the German term/word for short, or so I'm told, or the other possibility that I was led to believe is Kompact.

So, the whole thing is Sport Light Kompact or Sporty Licht Kurtz. The supercharged models usually have the Kompressor monica on the sides of the front wings and on the rhs of the boot lid when viewed from the rear.

Portzy.

Sportlich, Leicht, Klein = sporty, light, small

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the search

You see, I always thought the 'C' stood for the word 'Compact'. As in C190.

As I always figured it, (which is most probably wrong) was that a 'CLK' was a 2 Door version of a 'C' class and the 'SLK' was a 2 Door version of an 'S' class. The 'S' standing for 'Superior'. So in my book, an 'SE' was a 'Superior Elegance', and 'SEL' - 'Superior Elegance LongWB'. So I always thought of a 'CLK' as a 'Compact-Lightweight-Kompressor', and an 'SLK' as a 'Superior-Lightweight-Kompressor'.

Just amazing how you can be soooooo wrong all these years..... lol.

NB. And by the way I'm not arguing here, or saying I'm right, I'm just saying what I always thought it all stood for

Yup most of the 'class' letters have no real meaning.

A
B
C
E
GL
ML
R
S
V

etc.

The CLK is based on the C class, the CL on the S class, and the CLS on the E class!

Bill , are you still looking for an MB ? Piers E320 coupe is for sale ...

Can't find the Ad Howard? I presume you are talking to me..... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom