New to the W124 scene :-)...wish me luck!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gillsl500

Car
E30 325i cabrio
Hi, I've always admired the W124's, especially the pillarless coupes. Ive finally found one and think I might be going for it?

Ive always been into Jap cars, but just last year I brought an E30 325i cab with colour coded hard top :) haven looked back since.

Cheers

Sam

Welcome to the forum.

Any details on the coupe you were thinking of buying?

Looks a clean car, but you may want to find a 320. Depending on what your driving style is, the 220 can feel a little sluggish.

320 hey? To be honest I'm just a cruiser really, not too fussed about speed, just want it to drive nice and i'l be happy!!

But would you happen to know anyone close to iver who could look it over for me, a garage perhaps?

Cheers

Sounds like the car for you then.:)

I dont know anyone near Ivor that could help, but put a thread up in the general discussion section and someone may be able to advise you.

Looks nice, but that's top money. I'd want the window sorted for the full asking price as it's only a matter of time before "needs a little tug" becomes "stops working altogether" and that'll be a new regulator which is more than £100 for the part.

It really is worth driving both 330 and 220 If you can. I've got a 320 and that's pretty leisurely to be honest, I tried a 220 and it was just too slow in many situations.

Good luck though, they are great cars.

Hi Sam and welcome to the forum.Let us know how you get on tomorrow

Wow, I really appreciate your comments and help fellas :). Cheers for the link John, I'd have been looking around for that for ever on here!!

Matt, what your saying makes complete sense and cheers for the heads up about the price and the window. If you don't mind me asking, how far is iver from your self, before I go and check this 220 out, would you mind taking me for a spin in yours? Don't mean to sound cheeky :-/...

And Carat, that what i'l do I mate, i'l pop up a post later in the general section to see what helps available?

Many thanks again fellas

Sam

If you like leisurely driving get a 320 coupe. the I6 engine is smooth and has an effortlessness that the 4 pot can never match.

Looks nice, but that's top money. I'd want the window sorted for the full asking price as it's only a matter of time before "needs a little tug" becomes "stops working altogether" and that'll be a new regulator which is more than £100 for the part.

It really is worth driving both 330 and 220 If you can. I've got a 320 and that's pretty leisurely to be honest, I tried a 220 and it was just too slow in many situations.

Good luck though, they are great cars.

Clearly there is something wrong with that 320 of yours. Is the cam advance working for example ?

Stuck in limp mode ?

Clearly there is something wrong with that 320 of yours. Is the cam advance working for example ?

Stuck in limp mode ?

Yep. That'll be it. Stuck in limp mode for a year and it took your incisive analysis from a single post to point it out. Thanks :rolleyes:

In my opinion, given the level of performance afforded by most modern cars, 'leisurely' sums up the driving experience in a 320. It can go at pace under hard acceleration but that's not generally how one (me :dk:) feels comfortable driving it. I would call a 220 'slow.'

Hi Sam,welcome to the forum:thumb:

300-24's are the ones to go for. :D No wiring loom problems and oodles of fun at over 3000rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom