New Top Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You miserable buggers - I enjoyed most of it - it's a car related light entertainment programme, which is good enough for me.

developer said:
You miserable buggers - I enjoyed most of it - it's a car related light entertainment programme, which is good enough for me.

With you John, Another episode of TG. Fancy a Nomad now.

So did I. mind you I think it could be better but then they have some big boots to fill so am happy to see how it goes in future episodes!

It was OK.

I'll watch it next week as it sounds like there are some interesting cars on.

There's some sort of Extra Gear show mentioned at the end on BBC3 that Harris was on.

Got it recorded , i have met sabine and monkey harris so have time for those 2.

But if its that bad i may not bother wasting my time watching it.

I agree John. Let's give it a chance to evolve. It was never going to be easy to make it original with the Beeb wanting to keep the same format.

As others have said, maybe they should have wiped the slate clean and started from scratch.

Time will tell. Like the first day at big school, nerves probably played a part.

Sound like a great guest lineup next week. Jenson button being one of them. :thumb:

Just watching and lasted to when Gordon Ramsey and that other guy came on. I'm affraid that ginger Kn0b (no offence is meant to any other ginger haired persons) was doing my head in.... Won't be watching anymore.

I was quite looking forward to it and watched with an open mind. Not impressed.

Not impressed at all, very amateurish and unrehearsed drivel, but hey that's just me lol

Undecided really - watched it with SWMBO and she was laughing, where I wasn't (well apart from 'Robeman'...)

Thought some bits were OK and others a bit cringeworthy - I guess it was always gonna be difficult to strike the right balance, that said I felt the old show had run its course anyway.

The 'New' TG track was a farce tho' - Baffled by the changes, my other half made me laugh saying "is he at Gambon yet, when will he be at Gambon.....oh, finally he's at Gambon"!

Think she'd watch is just for Le Blanc - I'll give it another few weeks - see if it improves when the other presenters make an appearance.

The only good bit was the German bird phowwww

I like Sabine but IMHO they should have kept it British and gone with Rebecca Jackson. She's knowledgeable, a good driver and very 'easy on the eye' to boot...

Happy to let my other half drool over MLB if I can watch Ms Jackson ;)

Nothing miserable about being discerning! I did want to enjoy it, TG was one of my favourite shows. It was never going to be the same without JC, Hamster, and Captain Slow, but could have been great. The BBC has vast resources, the film crew are one of the best in the business, and Chris Evans, and Matt LeBlanc are both petrol heads, and good presenters.

So they really should have done a much better job (I mean the BBC). It felt like they were clinging to the old format, trying to get Chris Evans to be JC (even literally speaking as JC for most of the first part of the show). It lacked congruence, just really made my toes curl.

Matt was Ok, but I felt pity for him. Together, he and Chris Evans lacked chemistry. Chris, well he just seemed to really want to make it work, and tried far too hard.

Maybe it'll improve with time, but it sure does have a very long way to go!

I'll watch it anyway, what else am I going to do?

The copy cat JC mannerisms were painfully obvious but I carried on watching anyway. It wasn't as bad as it could have been. CE actually made me chortle a bit when reading out the lap time for the slow boy.

It should have been re-invented, rather than try to emulate what went before. That just never works.

Watched it for a bit, but then fell asleep.

Well my missus enjoyed it !! It seems like it's trying to be the old Top Gear, rather than try and create a fresh approach, sticking a muddy bit in the middle of the track is hardly innovation. If it carries on trying to be the old show it will fall flat on it's face, However I didn't find it that unpleasant to watch, but perhaps my reluctance to exit the chair was due in part from an aching back from having cleaned the drive yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom