New Top Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Tesla was in auto car this week £60k so in the price range of most SUV's.

Interesting view of price range of 'Most SUV's.

When did the price of the likes of the GLC, Kuga, XC60, ML250, Tiguan, and Duster all get hiked to that level. (And I'm talking about the 'proper' 4WD versions - not the fake 2WD ones).

I'm not with the consensus on this one. I only just managed to sit through it yesterday, and concluded I should give up on it! The kids like it though!

Dryce said:
Interesting view of price range of 'Most SUV's. When did the price of the likes of the GLC, Kuga, XC60, ML250, Tiguan, and Duster all get hiked to that level. (And I'm talking about the 'proper' 4WD versions - not the fake 2WD ones).

Those range from 30k-50k depending on spec. There are a lot above that price too, most I have bought or looked at including ML, RR, Porsche, Audi, Toyota have come out between 55k-100k!

The point was its not 90K its 60k so price is not so much of a barrier,

Well guys,with the figures out today,you must be the last ones watching it not sure if I should say well done or never mind.

Well guys,with the figures out today,you must be the last ones watching it not sure if I should say well done or never mind.

Your post would make more sense if you quoted the figures, preferably with their source, it won't help us understand who you would be congratulating though.

I'd love to know how Chris Evans gets these top jobs, seriously, that "look at me, I'm zany bullshoite" stopped being funny about twenty year ago and just listening to his shrieking on the radio makes me want to punch the dashboard he's so fecking annoying.

His fans may point to his Radio 2 show being defined as a success, when the reality is you'd still get millions of listeners to that show if a monkey playing a kazoo presented it. Hopefully he'll implode once again and slither off into the sunset...

An optimist would look at the curve and say that it's flattened out.

OK I know - that means a pessimist would point out the shape of the curve and say knowingly that it's flatlining.

They need to work on lifting it and showing an upward trend before the series ends.

By BBC2 terms it's probably still a half decent audience. The real decision making parameter will be the numbers they are getting (or in this case perhaps not getting) for the foreign broadcasters.

One of their critical barriers to fixing things is going to be the short series that TG is broadcast over. With 6 or 8 programmes in a series that gives them very little room to change course - particularly given the dependence on material pre-recorded prior to the series being broadcast when some of that material simply hasn't been good enough.

It may not have helped that the BBC's France V Swtzerland was on at the same time. 7.30 -10.05 pm
Likewise tonight's 7.0 pm rerun on BBC 2 may not be helped by ITV's euro 2016 coverage of Slovakia v England 7.15 -10.30pm :dk:

I'd love to know how Chris Evans gets these top jobs,

To a BBC exec Evans can clearly demonstrate that he is a petrolhead - he has the cache of cars to prove it. He's been on TG.

Same BBC exec probably never watched TG and was right royally p*****d off regularly by it because the Guardian writeups told him he should be.

So they fire Clarkson for being a stupid idiot. He deserved it.

But then they're left with the inability to understand how to go about fixing it after May and Hammon and Willman departed.

And they can't kill it because of the obligations to other broadcasters and the money.

So what to do? Who wants the poisoned chalice. Ah yes - did I mention: "To a BBC exec Evans can clearly demonstrate that he is a petrolhead - he has the cache of cars to prove it. He's been on TG." Sounds like he's qualified to the right ear ( or should that be left ear ).

I'd love to know how Chris Evans gets these top jobs, seriously, that "look at me, I'm zany bullshoite" stopped being funny about twenty year ago and just listening to his shrieking on the radio makes me want to punch the dashboard he's so fecking annoying.

His fans may point to his Radio 2 show being defined as a success, when the reality is you'd still get millions of listeners to that show if a monkey playing a kazoo presented it. Hopefully he'll implode once again and slither off into the sunset...

They'd only go and give the slot to Vanessa Feltz or Steve Wright and his 'top jockin' nonsense.

What does it really matter? I stopped watching it and now I'm watching it again thanks in-part to this thread. It's just something to talk about and critiicise and it's so easy to do both and there's cars too...there's only so much football (and it's side shows) one can take.

So what to do? Who wants the poisoned chalice. Ah yes - did I mention: "To a BBC exec Evans can clearly demonstrate that he is a petrolhead - he has the cache of cars to prove it. He's been on TG." Sounds like he's qualified to the right ear ( or should that be left ear ).

That might actually be their tactic "whoever we replace those three with will be hated so why not go for someone who's really annoying just so we make sure it really winds up those petrol heads!"

Sorry, but having a posh garage full of exotica and being able to reel off lots of 'classic' models does not a petrolhead make.
There are kids in pimped up corsas, people lovingly restoring old classics in cold leaky garages, and middle aged men driving the family shed with dreams of desirable cars from their childhood and youth that are massively more petrolheaded than him.
He definitely has a place in broadcasting but fronting a motoring programme isn't it.

They'd only go and give the slot to Vanessa Feltz or Steve Wright and his 'top jockin' nonsense.

I'd prefer to listen to Vanessa Feltz than Evans, in fact I'd prefer to listen to the sound of a dentists drill, drilling teeth than listen to Evans.

And I know people will say "don't like it, don't watch it" but there's so few good motoring programmes available that I feel strangely compelled to have an opinion on Top Gear.

I mean, it wasn't even that great towards the end of the old trios reign but it was at least watchable, now there's only Rory and the gringo "entertaining". The others are either really annoying - Evans & Jordan or monotone - Harris & Sabine (although she does have an impediment in being German)

Quite enjoyed the most recent one actually.

Seems to be improving.

Last few episodes have been good, defo improving i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom