New Top Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tonight's programme did show the big problem with the new 'rallycross' guest laps - if it's wet you might as well not bother.

Eurotrash?

Great viewing in the early 90s, that was.

It really was crap though. :D

Only worth watching back then in the vane hope you might see a boob, (or better) after sitting through 10mins of a feature about a German penis museum .

Last edited:
I have yet to complete an episode of this, Chris Evans voice is so annoying. I don't remember it being like this before, it seems to be the right frequency to echo or some strange mic setup or something...

Norman Dewis. What an utter legend. He was great on the beeb 3 show too.

Need a time machine and call shotgun on that trip!!

Thankfully, I missed it but recorded it allowing me to FF the boring bits (star in car)

This way it was pretty watchable and I enjoyed it the most out of the 5 so far

My ideal lineup would be Chris Harris, Tiff Neddell, Jay Leno, Matt Leblanc and Eddie Jordan

Mine would be: Jeremy Clarkson, James May & Richard Hammond

:D very true! But under 'Top Gear' we all know its not going to happen. I am looking forward to the boys new amazon show though!

Tiff is arguable.

Leno is arguable.

....... but Jordan ? Seriously ?

I find he's a character, he doesn't need to try hard to be funny. The few times he's appeared on this new Top Gear I've liked him

It would be interesting to see what a version of the programme looked like when featured on a channel which carries advertising. Omission of the Star in the Rally Cross Car would conveniently free up space for several commercial breaks and still give an hour running time?

I thought the MLB Rolls review was very good (even his acting intro to the film)
Up there with the best of TG efforts by the 3 amigos in terms of what he hdid, how he did it and the injection of humour IMHO

Watch it on its own (extract it from the TG discussion) it stands on its own 4 wheels

And the car, ostentatious as it is, remains a thing of presence

I really warmed to MLB tonight (I watched on catch up). I like his humour, delivery and laid back attitude. He really got the manner of the Rolls review spot on.

I find myself fast forwarding through the Chris Evans bits.

I really warmed to MLB tonight (I watched on catch up). I like his humour, delivery and laid back attitude. He really got the manner of the Rolls review spot on.

I find myself fast forwarding through the Chris Evans bits.

I honestly think the whole thing is getting better bit by bit, Evans still a bit too shouty for my liking but ther than that I'm enjoying all the different people.

Another big step forward.

Chris Harris is has improved and is closer to the videos I've often seen him produce.

It's quite nice to watch a review of a car and not always have "the big problem is this" with every bloody car - that did used to grate. He was right - the M3 Evo was a cracking car to drive.

Matt's review of the dawn was excellent. Made me laugh which I can't be sure I've ever done before.

I don't think this show suits Evans at all. It's almost awkward to watch whereas I thought he was great in TFI in the 90s and the other stuff he did - even radio.

I even liked the piece on the Jag as well.

I still skip Star in whatever - I always used to unless I am interested in the person / people they have on so no change really.

It's getting there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom