(New) Top Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
On BBC2 now. Didn't realise it was starting today. Let's see if it's any better with the new trio

When it started I thought I've seen this before, though it doesn't show as a repeat in the TV guide.

OK, well now I look like a right tit (not that I didn't before :D )

Move along, nothing to see here

Why did Clarkson burst into tears at the end of the last GT - I thought it was over!
Because he wanted to be a drama queen.
As I understand it they are going to be doing special shows tours etc, rather than the studio based stuff.
Could be wrong though.

Why did Clarkson burst into tears at the end of the last GT - I thought it was over!

Because he wanted to be a drama queen.
As I understand it they are going to be doing special shows tours etc, rather than the studio based stuff.
Could be wrong though.

Yes, they have stopped doing the live 'studio/tent' part of the show
Apparently (and I could be wrong) JC was finding this part of the programming, hard work

TGT now consistes of 3 or 4 'specials' type programmes each season

Yes, they have stopped doing the live 'studio/tent' part of the show
Apparently (and I could be wrong) JC was finding this part of the programming, hard work

TGT now consistes of 3 or 4 'specials' type programmes each season
Specials only gets my vote. Nobody likes Conversation Street, etc.

Meanwhile, on "Quest" Fifth Gear quietly gets on with the business of providing a Car Show about cars...

Last Sunday's article about ceramic disks was a real eye-opener...

I showed it to the wife and now she is glad we have them

Meanwhile, on "Quest" Fifth Gear quietly gets on with the business of providing a Car Show about cars...

Last Sunday's article about ceramic disks was a real eye-opener...

You're right, but, aren't the presenters bland!
Or is it just my son-in-law and me?

Specials only gets my vote. Nobody likes Conversation Street, etc.

Some of us did :oops::D

Be honest, it Idid get a bit silly, didn't it.

Like the segment they dropped from the 1st series, where the celebrity driver never got to to studio . . .once was fine, twice, daft, after that, just childishly stupid.

Fifth gear is the old TG format, from pre 2003
TG & TGT, both needed a serious format overhaul, they were samey and predictable.
At least TGT are giving change a try.

Fifth Gear presenters....
I reckon VBH is quite entertaining (and she can certainly drive) so long as she keeps the shrieking under control.
Jason is fine IMHO, but the Jason Smith irritates me with his cavalier attitude to engineering facts, especially as he insists on calling cast-iron brake disks steel (several times, so at least he's consistent). Karun Chandhok just looks like he's there to tick boxes.

Don't really know why they got rid of Tiff Nedell, despite being an archetypal "posh boy", he was very likeable, an ace driver, and endearingly opinionated. I'm assuming he got the chop because his fee was a bit too high for this budget-strapped production....

Maybe because Tiff is 68 he may fancy a peaceful retirement or
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom