New Top Gear.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geoffus

MB Enthusiast
Car
E250 AMG Sport Convertible, B200, Yamaha YZF R1, Suzuki 650 Bandit.
Anyone see last nights Top Gear ? I thought it was awful laddish and dreary, apart from the talented Chris Harris, the other 2 don't really fit in, it also sounds as if they just read from the autocue. I don't think they have the charisma to pull it off.

I thought the last couple of series wasn't too bad but last night took it down a peg and deffo become a bit stupid!

Have to say though, that Ferarri was a bit good!

I’m not impressed with Chris Harris on the show. Yes, he’s a decent driver but his attempts at being as foolish as the other two fall flat. The programme is ok as an entertainment show, but gets less and less about motoring with each passing year. All we learnt last night was that the Tesla has a karaoke button and the Ferrari is fast. More time was spent on discussing where Bolton is than on cars.

I’m not impressed with Chris Harris on the show. Yes, he’s a decent driver but his attempts at being as foolish as the other two fall flat. The programme is ok as an entertainment show, but gets less and less about motoring with each passing year. All we learnt last night was that the Tesla has a karaoke button and the Ferrari is fast. More time was spent on discussing where Bolton is than on cars.
Greater Manchester I learned :p

10 mins of car stuff (the Ferrari) , a 10 min segment of stupidity stretched out for a dreary 50 mins.

Nothing remotely funny about crashing new £60k cars into a tyrewall and laughing about it , spraying cans of Coke around the interior and clambering all over the inside / outside of new cars , just IMHO.

Maybe children or those with a low IQ found it amusing and with that in mind i am surprised they never made a part of the show dedicated to the "woopie cushion" option in the Tesla.:rolleyes:

K

Anyone see last nights Top Gear ? I thought it was awful laddish and dreary, apart from the talented Chris Harris, the other 2 don't really fit in, it also sounds as if they just read from the autocue. I don't think they have the charisma to pull it off.

I can't stand the two dense Nothern blokes.

Harris is OK on TG but I will only watch his content on youtube and/or listen to his podcasts (which are brilliant).

I thought it was terrible, not entertaining, definitely not funny , not particularly informative , although I must say a hybrid Ferrari is a nice thought !

if you don't like it, don't watch it :)

Leave the rest of us to enjoy some light hearted nonsense

Haven't watched it yet but will later. Personally, I don't rate Harris as a driver, he only seems to be able to drift cars whether they need it or not, but that's my opinion.

I thought last night's episode was actually pretty good. Bit of banter between them is good, it's never going to be the same as Clarkson, Hammond & May but it isn't a bad alternative given there isn't much choice out there just now. The show is certainly better without Le Blanc

Chris Harris is a really good driver, as someone else has said on here he has a lot of experience...it's always been the TG format to go round the track in plumes of smoke and leave the real stuff to the STIG.

I'm sticking with it on the basis of the first episode, so far so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom