New Top Gear.

Rorywquin

MB Enthusiast
Car
From new SL400 2017
I've recorded it all but, based on the trailers I've seen, have no desire to watch them. Keeping them for a 2am session when there is nothing better to watch and I need something to help me sleep.

Rpp999

Car
C220 est amg 4matic. LR Discovery. BMW1200gs
What a crock of crap. Flintoffs reaction when he saw the dents in the mini bonnet, didn’t give a shit. Awful programme.

MadMerx

SUPPORTER
Car
ML420 W164, CL55 C215, S63L W221
Top Gear is more like Reverse Gear. Worst motoring programme ever in its current guise.

Get rid of clueless Flintoff and the alleged comedian McGuinness (he needs subtitles) as they are totally unqualified to be motoring presenters.

Keep Chris Harris as he can actually drive and give Sabine Schmitz a trial series, maybe get Matt LeBlanc back for the lay-deez interest! ;)
Oh and rename it from Top Gear or it will be forever be compared to the previous trio of presenters.

SPX

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
That one
I can generally tell how much I'm going to enjoy this weeks programme before I watch solely based on how many on here say "toilet humour" "thick northerners" and "Chris Harris is the real talent" then I know it's going to be a good laugh!

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W222 S500L
I did enjoy the Stirling Moss tribute on the episode last week.

I had no idea of his history - most impressive.

The last episode perhaps wasn't the best one for me but it was OK.

As you state Gollom, it's just three guys dicking around and getting paid a lot of money to do it.

I'd have loved a gig like that myself once upon a time.

Happytalk73

MB Enthusiast
Car
Vito
..........once upon a time.
Who you trying to kid John? You’d have a crack at TG tomorrow if it was on a plate ya wee whipper snapper. 🥳

artyman

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C 200 CDI Sport
Ok as an entertainment show, but has less and less relevance as a car show. Whatever happened to Fifth Gear at least that dealt with cars in a reasonable fashion.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
ML AMG-line Black Series
I’m embarrassed to say that I fell asleep a few minutes in. I shall try again! Perhaps a reflection on the content, I can’t remember any of it!

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
I’m embarrassed to say that I fell asleep a few minutes in. I shall try again! Perhaps a reflection on the content, I can’t remember any of it!

Haha I lasted a bit longer and dozed off during the final ice cream van bit. I went back to see if I'd missed anything ... I hadn't. Disappointing show compared to the week before.

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230 w251
Does anyone buy the TG magazine? I was just wondering if there are any pics taken from the audience of this last series?

SPX

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
That one
Finally caught the last episode earlier and I thought it was poor by the standards they’d set theirselves in the previous episodes but I can live with that because, on the whole, this series has been a breath of fresh air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom