New Toy Collected

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
I always wanted to own a V8 car and have now had a couple. I've always wanted to own a 6-cylinder motorbike too. The itch is now scratched. Collected this yesterday afternoon:

GYHgqEb.jpg

CGbgLjT.jpg

mNcQoTY.jpg

It's a bit like the Battlestar Gallactica - both in size and in technology :)

Spec includes:
  • 1649cc, 160bhp transverse 6-cylinder engine
  • fly-by-wire throttle
  • traction control
  • keyless ride
  • central locking
  • linked brakes with ABS
  • dynamic damping adjustment
  • adaptive curve-following xenon headlight
  • cruise control
  • heated grips and seats
  • reverse gear
  • hill start control
  • quick-shifter that works both up and down the 'box
  • slipper clutch
  • sat-nav
  • audio system
Fuelled and ready to go it weighs 336kg - so it's bl**dy heavy! - but as soon as the wheels start turning the weight seems to disappear

This is going to be a great long-distance tourer :)

Nice.....

But be careful, when I was younger I used to ride bikes and in the way I see some ride now.

I now have a sensible head or perhaps I’m just more scared then I used to be.

Enjoy!

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet! You can never have too many cylinders. Bet that makes a lovely noise. A bloke where I used to work had a Honda Valkyrie with straight-through pipes :)

I'd love another bike but SWMBO has firm views on the matter. I am allowed as many horsepower as I like so long as they are connected to 4 wheels.

Cheers,

Gaz

I love it how both the spec list and engine (both capacity and power) is greater than a good proportion of cars on the road :D

Have fun, ride safe :cool:

I love it how both the spec list and engine (both capacity and power) is greater than a good proportion of cars on the road :D

Have fun, ride safe :cool:
power to weight ........:) will trash even more.

I always wanted to own a V8 car and have now had a couple. I've always wanted to own a 6-cylinder motorbike too. The itch is now scratched. Collected this yesterday afternoon:
t's a bit like the Battlestar Gallactica - both in size and in technology :)

Spec includes:
  • 1649cc, 160bhp transverse 6-cylinder engine
  • fly-by-wire throttle
  • traction control
  • keyless ride
  • central locking
  • linked brakes with ABS
  • dynamic damping adjustment
  • adaptive curve-following xenon headlight
  • cruise control
  • heated grips and seats
  • reverse gear
  • hill start control
  • quick-shifter that works both up and down the 'box
  • slipper clutch
  • sat-nav
  • audio system
Fuelled and ready to go it weighs 336kg - so it's bl**dy heavy! - but as soon as the wheels start turning the weight seems to disappear

This is going to be a great long-distance tourer :)

Lovely machine but I'm saddened by another two wheeler on the roads.:)

Thanks all :thumb:

But be careful, when I was younger I used to ride bikes and in the way I see some ride now.
I've been riding since I was sixteen and have never not had a two-wheeler. I also have a very highly developed sense of self preservation :D
Sweet! You can never have too many cylinders. Bet that makes a lovely noise.
It sounds absolutely wonderful - like a GT3 car winding up :)
I'd love another bike but SWMBO has firm views on the matter.
Fortunately, Angie loves riding pillion so that's not an issue I have to overcome. We have trips to Germany and Spain lined up already...

Can't say I've ever been into bikes but, i can still appreciate a good bike, and that looks like the absolute dog's! :) Nice one! And what a spec , that would put a lot of car's to shame.:)

Enjoy that lovely ultra smooth motor, don't drop it or you'll need a hoist to pick it back up! ;)
I used to have to Service, prep pdi These (amongst all the other bmw bikes) - b@stard of a job changing the 6 plugs, whole cooling system needs to come off to get to them. Whole day job. Then again most of the new ones we sold had a servicing package so few customers were concerned about that. ;)
...putting a brand new one together back in '15 (and yes I was as unhappy as I looked!) ;) IMG_20190407_090500.jpg

power to weight ........:) will trash even more.
Two-up, with luggage for a two-week tour, it works out to about 315bhp/ton - so around 13% more than my E63 biturbo :rock:

Last edited:
I used to have to Service, prep pdi These (amongst all the other bmw bikes)
I know whose brains to pick now if I have any maintenance questions ;)

When the salesman did the handover he lifted the seat to show how to adjust the height, and pointed out the extensive toolkit: a single torx screwdriver! I commented that it would have been more effective to have just had a sticker with the BMW dealer's service desk number on it :D

Re: the spark plug change, that’s why there are so many traded in at just under three years old ;)

I know whose brains to pick now if I have any maintenance questions ;)

When the salesman did the handover he lifted the seat to show how to adjust the height, and pointed out the extensive toolkit: a single torx screwdriver! I commented that it would have been more effective to have just had a sticker with the BMW dealer's service desk number on it :D

Re: the spark plug change, that’s why there are so many traded in at just under three years old ;)
You've sussed out how the system works....
... No more tickling carbs these days ;)

Enjoy that lovely ultra smooth motor, don't drop it or you'll need a hoist to pick it back up! ;)
I used to have to Service, prep pdi These (amongst all the other bmw bikes) - b@stard of a job changing the 6 plugs, whole cooling system needs to come off to get to them. Whole day job. Then again most of the new ones we sold had a servicing package so few customers were concerned about that. ;)
...putting a brand new one together back in '15 (and yes I was as unhappy as I looked!) ;) View attachment 85074

Almost as bad as the old A Class - When I lived in OZ it cost $1700 for new set of plugs installed in my wife's car - drop the engine etc.......

Almost as bad as the old A Class - When I lived in OZ it cost $1700 for new set of plugs installed in my wife's car - drop the engine etc.......
Blimey, I never had to drop my engine to change the plugs on the W168 - even if the motor was inclined as far forward as that BMW 6 in ST13PHIL's bike. ;)

Blimey, I never had to drop my engine to change the plugs on the W168 - even if the motor was inclined as far forward as that BMW 6 in ST13PHIL's bike. ;)
That is what the dealer said (engine had to be dropped etc - 2010 model W169?) when my wife asked if they were gold plated after hearing the price!

That is what the dealer said (engine had to be dropped etc - 2010 model W169?) when my wife asked if they were gold plated after hearing the price!
Ooops, they saw you coming chap. Although it's bit of hassle, once the coil pack rail is removed, they are easily accessible. (admittedly there a few other bits to be removed also) Jeez, some garages are just pirates!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom