New toy

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by PhiliusM, Aug 16, 2011.

1. PhiliusM

PhiliusM Member

I've just bought an in car camera, a RoadHawk DC-1. It sits behind the mirror and records GPS information plus sound and video onto an SD card. It has a shock sensor that makes it save data as an event should it detect a sudden movement. This means that it is stored in a different section of the card.

I went out for a little test drive and someone pulled out on me. If I had been another 20 feet further down the road he would have hit me.

Maybe it's jinxed, in which case it's not such a good idea.:D

2. Prash

Prash New Member

Car:
    W221 S-Class
    Hey, i recently got the Roadhawk RH2 with the inside and outside camera, works great, constanly recording, had some narrow miss's, def worth having, you never know. :D

3. NOMONEYBUTAMERC

NOMONEYBUTAMERC MB Enthusiast

Car:
    BMW X1 . Porsche 968 Boxster
    Nothing new about these . I have had my Roadhawk for nearly 40 years, records not only any sudden movement in front of the car , but also any errors made by myself. Useful machine , but can sometimes have a propensity to nag .:mad:

1 person likes this.
  4. Sp!ke

Sp!ke Administrator

Car:
    SL500 & The Fart Car
    Sounds like you are talking about my wife.

2 people like this.
  5. flango

flango Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    Yep I use roadhawk too, brilliant for identifying who is at fault in an incident and also for capturing dangerous driving which can be reported to the police, great bit of kit highly recommended :thumb:

Tags: