New Toy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzmanc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Tesla Model 3 + Honda Blackbird
Been given a new toy at work and dropped this off at Grimsby Dock :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 172
Used the crane to drop the rib in the water, the truck is the toy

So the lorry? or the crane? You're being cryptic... lol Are you paying for your data by the word? :p

What's the crane's SWL?

Last edited:
So the lorry? or the crane? You're being cryptic... lol Are you paying for your data by the word? :p

What's the crane's SWL?

Jeez hard work this - This is my new truck fitted with a HIAB XS622 -EP5 Hi Pro.

10.7tn at 3metres or 3.35tn at 14.6 metres.

Truck is a Scania R440 double sleeper cab with Fridge/Freezer, Microwave and kettle

Will that do :dk:;)

Just as long as it does not join the collection of sleeper cab HGV's that park up in all sorts of industrial estates and lay bys near Ashford! You would not believe what is found "nearby" as a result!

Just as long as it does not join the collection of sleeper cab HGV's that park up in all sorts of industrial estates

Having 'business meetings' with ladies of the night? :D

Never parked in Ashford in my life, much prefer to go north - might be off to Wick sometime next week :D

Had a delivery of floor beams & blocks on a drag&drop wagon & trailer last year with a sizable crane. His reach was easily 12/13m. Driver said there were bigger ones on the fleet and when stopping at roadside cafes there was usually a willy waving bragging competition between drivers.

I'm not sure why members were confused with your OP. It made perfect sense to me. Maybe because I'm a fellow Manc.

Anyhow, I adore your new toy. And that's some Hiab too. 10.7tn @ 3m is ridiculous. :eek:

I dreamt of being a truck driver as a kid. (Yorkie adverts). 'King Of The Road' you are. I solute you sir. :thumb:

Ant. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure why members were confused with your OP. It made perfect sense to me. Many be because I'm a fellow Manc.

Anyhow, I adore your new toy. And that's some Hiab too. 10.7tn @ 3m is ridiculous. :eek:

I dreamt of being a truck driver as a kid. (Yorkie adverts). 'King Of The Road' you are. I solute you sir. :thumb:

No even as a Tyke from the wrong side of the hill the OP made perfect sense. Maybe it's a Northern thing?

So am I... So it's not that. Maybe I'm just stupid? :crazy:

Heh. You're certainly not stupid. Maybe you're a posh Manc that speaks properly. Denton lad here so as common as they come! :D

Ant.

Had a delivery of floor beams & blocks on a drag&drop wagon & trailer last year with a sizable crane. His reach was easily 12/13m. Driver said there were bigger ones on the fleet and when stopping at roadside cafes there was usually a willy waving bragging competition between drivers.

wouldn't know about that as i don't use roadside cafe's, probably why i'm not 30 stone :D

I'm not sure why members were confused with your OP. It made perfect sense to me. Maybe because I'm a fellow Manc.

We've just had 2 new rigids go on the road with the 'first in the country' HIAB XS855 cranes - 18t at 3 metres and a 20m reach - now that is willy waving lol. That's 750k on 3 new trucks, must be doing well

Last edited:
I gathered part of the problem with ever increasing crane sizes was the weight of the crane. As you increase the crane weight you reduce the vehicles payload

The newer cranes are actually much lighter than the old ones and with modern truck advancements such as lighter axles etc, the payload is largely unaffected.

We have an older hiab xs700 which is heavier than the new xs855, largely due to the smaller slew ring and a more compact boom system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom