New Tune

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pauljay

Car
2000 CLK 430/55
Hi guys,

I got my car retuned today.

I had been following a company for a while and looking at their results. Obviously you don't just give your car over to anyone so I did some research and spoke to the man in charge.

His name is Fred, he was very friendly and seemed very knowledgable about the tuning industry and cars.

He used to work for a race team but now has his own company, but still freelances to the motor/race industry. He reguarly travels abroad to tune customer and race cars.

His company is called Art of Speed and has been established for 2yrs. He is mobile but uses a company in Watford (UK based) called Tune 4 Performance to do the dyno work. All Art of Speed tunes are custom, no two are the same! The rolling road is a DynoDynamics dyno.

Anyway previously I had my car tuned by DMS in Southhampton UK, I was reasonably happy over the last few years but felt more could be done.

I already had cams installed, also Evosport under drive pullies, a custom cold air system and AMS short tube headers.

I bolted on Long Tube Headers with a full custom exhaust by EMPPerformance and installed two 200 cell sports cats.

This is the difference between Art of Speed and DMS after mods and tune.

I was a bit surprised at the results as a friend of mine recently had his W209 CLK55 tuned. He only had Kleemann headers, 200cell sports cats and custom exhaust by EMPPerformance. He made 370hp/415tq (up 60hp and 55tq from a previous tune). I was hoping to make more hp than his car, but look at the torque!
bowdown.gif

My car made 2hp more than shown because the arrow was put a little forward as the Torque graph overlaid wouldn't show the correct figure. Fred said my car would have matched his but my intake was a bit hot!

I have no affliliation to Art of Speed, just wanted to share what good results I got. My car is an absolute rocketship!
thumbsup.gif

Ps, how do I make the pictures larger?

Attachments

• DSC_0454.jpg
    DSC_0454.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0453.jpg
    DSC_0453.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back