New Tyres, answer to all my prayers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simbad

Car
CLK 55 AMG
Some may remember i posted a couple of times a few months back looking for advice with my CLK 55 steering, it was pulling to the left then right and just all over the place, but then fine again. I took it to 2 garages to get alignment and bushes etc checked and after £150 of checking and alignment- nothing.
Lots of suggestions on here from bushes to power steering but i learned to live with it and presumed it was just low profile tyres.

One member referenced a capri he once owned that had similar symptoms and a tye change fixed it. i had 3/4 tread left so could not bring myself to try new tyres.....

i just bought 4 x Michelin PS2's- my god what a difference, i can drive with one finger, it handles like a dream and i can't believe i waited 9 months to change. No tramlining, no pulling it's just amazing what a difference it makes.

I had to post and let you guys know- a few members had similar symptoms with CLK's so there's the answer.

I never thought tyres could make such a difference :confused:

Might be half the problem as they were mixed, Pirelli P somethings on the front and continentals on the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom