New tyres - Bridgestone A001 any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dtr

Car
Seat Toledo III 1.9TDI
I am probably going to swap my tyres soon. Currently it's got 2x Pirelli P7 on the front and Continental Premium Contact I/II on the rear, with mixed speed ratings (W and V) - all seem to have 6-7mm left. The problem is there is too much front wheelspin on wet surface (traction control doesn't seem to help). With icy mornings, and wet conditions throughout the year and plenty of hills with sharp bends I think these are the wrong choice to keep.

Initially I thought about rotating summer (current set) and winter tyres. Now I am leaning towards a singel all weather M+S set.

What do you think about Bridgestone A001 (4x£76 from lovetyres.com) or failing that Vredestein Quatrac 3 for all year round driving? Is there anything else good that I missed? I would be off-loading the current ones then.

I had Bridgstone tyres on my Lexus and had no problems. I have Falken on my Cl 600 also with no problem. I would have my car checked to set my mind at rest,the tyres you have fitted should not give you any problems.

I had Bridgstone tyres on my Lexus and had no problems. I have Falken on my Cl 600 also with no problem. I would have my car checked to set my mind at rest,the tyres you have fitted should not give you any problems.

Might do, but to be honest P7's don't get the best reviews for that exact problem, and they are really no good for the winter anyway.

I was all set to fit a pair of Hankook Optimo 4S on the rear but they vanished from the BlackCircles website due to supply problems. They suggested the A001 as an alternative. I put them on and so far it hasn't snowed so they seem to be working ;)

I haven't noticed anything untoward so far in the dry or rain, if anything they're a little quieter than the Michelin Energies they replaced.

Watch this space.

Just bought those Bridgestones. The car is already handling much better even on the icy roads.

The only question now is whether they would survive a "summer" in Bristol without excessive wear. This year I can only remember rain. There was some sunshine back in April though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom