new tyres fitted today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonytyre1964

Car
gla45amg
hi, all i have just fitted 245/40x20 g/y f1 runflats rsc to my gla45amg moe ...original size 235/40x20 conti.worn out at 1748 hard mls cost for conti tyres to me, £170. i am a tyre fitter i work for goodyear tyres so i get 4 free tyres a year so i had to fit different size due to goodyear not making original size. £680.00 versus £o no brainer so i fitted them myself this morning before car went to merc for b service what a total transformation car is super stable and and incredible in corners anybody else changed size? and found car drives better...

Welcome to the forum Tony:thumb:

As a tyre fitter, I'm surprised you fitted run flats which seem universally hated for their hard ride (especially on 20" rims)
1700+ miles and worn through a set already!
I won't complain about getting under 10k put of mine anymore.:p

Last edited:
yes, as a tyrefitter for 40yrs i tell people to stay away from runflats these have foam insert inside the tyres and they suprised me and o/e size being 40 series i did not notice any difference in ride quality..the goodyears are very good...even though i do work for goodyear.

Just replaced two rears with Dunlop Sportmax2 bought from Asda fitted free at my local garage and a 10% reduced cost total £311:00 255+35+19, did almost 31,0500 miles on old set, they're the quietest for road noise, got good rim protection añd grippy.
The two old ones still had 4mm tread but inside tyer walls, splits on both, bit unusual?
Cheaper than Black circles and Openeo.👍
Welcome to the forum tonytyer.

Last edited:
I suggest you check with your insurer to see if they need to be notified.... they don't like people fitting different-size wheels or tyres without telling them.

Just replaced two rears with Dunlop Sportmax2 bought from Asda fitted free at my local garage and a 10% reduced cost total £311:00 255+35+19, did almost 31,0500 miles on old set, they're the quietest for road noise, got good rim protection añd grippy.
The two old ones still had 4mm tread but inside tyer walls, splits on both, bit unusual?
Cheaper than Black circles and Openeo.👍
Welcome to the forum tonytyer.
hello,peter only had car for8months so still playing with it hence low tyre milage launch control is a real tyre killer.

I suggest you check with your insurer to see if they need to be notified.... they don't like people fitting different-size wheels or tyres without telling them.
hi,tyres are 1.15% different in overall diameter so near enough same size.

Welcome to the forum Tony:thumb:

As a tyre fitter, I'm surprised you fitted run flats which seem universally hated for their hard ride (especially on 20" rims)
1700+ miles and worn through a set already!
I won't complain about getting under 10k put of mine anymore.:p
Same, I was surprised you like them. We have them, and yes they are very harsh on anything but smooth roads, but you get used to them...

hi,tyres are 1.15% different in overall diameter so near enough same size.

Technically you should declare it... your call.

At any rate, even if you declare it, they might not be interested.

My car came from the factory with the incorrect tyres fitted to the rear.The supplying dealer instantly changed the tyres but had to change all 4 tyres as per Mercedes instructions even the front tyres that were correctly fitted.

The car had only covered 100 miles when the problem was found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom